Sony BDP370 £69.99 at Argos

Johnnypanic

Established Member
Reaction score
As title states, Sony BDP370 bluray player for £69.99 at Argos. Item number 533/8777.

Still reading thru the thread at HUKD, but I think some people are stating they received the 380, which would be handy for it's ability to play mkv's off ntfs drives.

Last edited:
As title states, Sony BDP370 bluray player for £69.99 at Argos. Item number 533/8777.

Still reading thru the thread at HUKD, but I think some people are stating they received the 380, which would be handy for it's ability to play mkv's off ntfs drives.

Handy if you want to play large mkv files off NTFS drives connected via usb only.
Sony has removed the DLNA function on the 380 as well as DivX support and the digital optical output.
The more expensive 480 still has DLNA but it appears the whole Sx80 range has lost the digital optical output.
It's still a good deal as long as you know what you're getting... but rather naughty of Argos to state one product yet supply a different one.
I suggest you change the thread title to "
Sony BDP380 £69.99 at Argos" so people are not confused.

Handy if you want to play large mkv files off NTFS drives connected via usb only.
Sony has removed the DLNA function on the 380 as well as DivX support and the digital optical output.
The more expensive 480 still has DLNA but it appears the whole Sx80 range has lost the digital optical output.
It's still a good deal as long as you know what you're getting... but rather naughty of Argos to state one product yet supply a different one.
I suggest you change the thread title to "
Sony BDP380 £69.99 at Argos" so people are not confused.

Title now altered.

Some people are getting s370's though. Argos selling the s380 for £149.99, so its pot luck if you get a s380.

I did and im over the moon, its will replace my trusted s350

Very few are getting 370's as they're usually having to ask Argos staff to specifically look for them in stock.
If you don't need the features of the 370, the 380 at the price quoted is a bargain, but there'd be no confusion if Argos stated the correct item they were selling. I understand they have "previous" for doing this.

Got a 380 which suits my needs fine.

If people go and look for a 370, which they probably will not get, they'll have no problem returning the 380 as Argos are advertising the wrong item.

Thought I had changed the title to reflect getting a 380, but apparently not?

I'm a little confused. Which one is better, the 370 or 380? I've just reserved one of the last 2 '370s' from my local Argos.

I'm a little confused. Which one is better, the 370 or 380? I've just reserved one of the last 2 '370s' from my local Argos.
There is no "better". It depends on what you want it to do.
Bluray+BBC iPlayer+playing large (>4Gb) media files from a locally connected USB Hard drive=380
Bluray+BBC iPlayer+playing media files restricted to 4Gb in size from either a local or network drive+DivX media file support+Optical Digital Ouput=370.
If you just want a Bluray player with BBC iPlayer either will do a great job.

I picked up one of these for my Daughter for a Birthday pressy, it was a 380 that they supplied, just had a look on the Argos site and the 380 is on sale for £149.99 so it looks as if it's been a mistake.
Just my luck, I bet if I try and get one it'll be a 370:confused:

Tom

Just picked mine up and it was indeed the 380, not sure whether to be pleased or not? Oh well I'm going to enjoy it what ever, a good deal either way.

I got the 380 too, although I checked and both the 370 and 380 shared the same catalogue number in Argos.

I just hope Argos don't read on the Forum, and realise someone has made a big Boo Boo and put it up.

Tom

I don't think it's a mistake, Tom. I think it's just a case of Argos not minding which units they shift. The 380 may well have a list price of £149.99 but it's selling for £99.99 at Amazon and a few other places so that's not such a big difference from the 370's price. Most customers won't care either way.

According to the Argos website, the "370" code is up to £169.99 now, £20 more than they want for a 380 under the right code. So deal's gone, it would appear.

Just my Piggin luck, will have to start scouting round again for a cheap 380.

Just goes to show when you see a deal go for it! I was so annoyed when I missed out on the Sony BDP-S760 for £99 from play.com that when I saw this I jumped on it straight away.

Bought one for my Daughter, was going to get one on pay day.(Sobs)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom