Sony BDP S760 - Worth anything?

dougan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Due to buying a 4k TV, my Sony BDP S760 Blu Ray player is now redundant. Has it any value, or does it go to the recycling center?

Owned new by me, purchased from Richer Sounds, never missed a beat from new. Loading times are a bit slow, but expected of a player of this age.
This was the the next version down from Sony's flagship £1000 Blu Ray player, had the technology from it, but not quite the build quality.
It even has a full size remote with back light, quite a rarity these days!
It is the region free model, for both DVD and Blue Ray. In very very good condition with original box and packaging.

So, any idea of what it's worth?

Well, I sold my 7 year old Samsung BD-F6500 blu-ray on eBay for £35.00 last week. It will cost you nothing to try.

Due to buying a 4k TV, my Sony BDP S760 Blu Ray player is now redundant. Has it any value, or does it go to the recycling center?

Owned new by me, purchased from Richer Sounds, never missed a beat from new. Loading times are a bit slow, but expected of a player of this age.
This was the the next version down from Sony's flagship £1000 Blu Ray player, had the technology from it, but not quite the build quality.
It is the region free model, for both DVD and Blue Ray. In very very good condition with original box and packaging.

CEX quote that they will give you £8 cash Or£18 in vouchers for it. I would try eBay first as suggested.

It has value as a region free player. Completed prices for non MR BDP-S760 on ebay average £65 with MR ones going for £85. Plus delivery

To put that into perspective I sold a non MR one here in 2013 for £67.50 including delivery (albeit taking 6 months to sell). Ignoring inflation they seem to be holding onto residual value quite well. Try selling here as you won't have to pay the ebay fees.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom