Sony BDP-S760- Missed out on the £99 Play.com deal. Other good offers?

Graymo

Standard Member
Sony BDP-S760-

I want to get this for my parents for xmas to compliment the Panasonic G20 they plan to buy. Was between this and the S370 but main criteria is picture quality.

Anyone seen any great offers? I just phoned Play and the guy I spoke to seemed pretty sure that they would not be getting more in.

Thanks in advance.

CJROSS

Classifieds here for a £120 LG BD390. Or someone selling their S760 for £150. PQ wise being main criteria.

raychelt

Sony BDP-S760-

I want to get this for my parents for xmas to compliment the Panasonic G20 they plan to buy. Was between this and the S370 but main criteria is picture quality.

Anyone seen any great offers? I just phoned Play and the guy I spoke to seemed pretty sure that they would not be getting more in.

Thanks in advance.

Graymo

Just looked at the play.com website and it looks like they've got some more in stock and the £99.99 offers still showing.

Ray

JamesBaby

Tried the code but says it has expired.

Also rang them and they wouldn't have any of it.

Last edited:

nheather

Distinguished Member
Voucher still works for me (sort of). It applies a £50 reduction so takes it down to £126.

I imagine that is still the best price available.

Cheers,

Nigel

I suppose you could argue that it was originally £50 off, but price was £149 taking it to £99. It is still £50 off but price now £176 taking it to £126.

Last edited:

JamesBaby

You are correct, £126. You have to set up a new account to use the code again. I had already bought one earlier so it wouldn't work.

raychelt

£99 voucher offer is still showing but, as Nigel says, it looks like the offer was set at £50 off the selling price. Even at the full £176 it is still a good price.

I ordered mine last Wednesday and it arrived on Saturday:). At £99 it was a steal!

Ray

CJROSS

Tis a bargain at £199 IMHO.

Lammylad

Standard Member
Mine arrived smashed in the box. Still waiting for a replacement and my order says awaiting stock so I'm a bit ticked off that people appear to have ordered them following this.

The CS rep and her boss said that they had no idea when they would be getting them in again if ever.:mad:

Mine arrived smashed in the box. Still waiting for a replacement and my order says awaiting stock so I'm a bit ticked off that people appear to have ordered them following this.

The CS rep and her boss said that they had no idea when they would be getting them in again if ever.:mad:

Sorry to say it, but you won't be getting a replacement from Play.com, as they don't have any left. I arranged to return one to be exchanged for a new one, whilst they still had them in stock, but they didn't have the common sense to save one as a replacement.

Lammylad

Standard Member
I'd pretty much resigned myself to that but there's posts saying that people were able to order them albeit at a higher price. My unfulfilled order predates these posts.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom