Sony BDP-S570 Blu Ray Region Hack

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by iancoleman, Sep 2, 2013.

1. iancoleman

iancoleman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I have just had my trusty multi region DVD player die (after 10 years!) - and have been hoping to find a region hack or code to allow my blu ray player to run region 1 dvds.

I have seen the previous threads but these all dried up about 18 months ago. Does anyone have up to date info or a more recent method.

I have also had difficulty tracking down the remotes required to carry out the hack - even ebay and amazon are coming up dry. Can anyone also suggest where I might get one.

Thanks guy and apologies for multiple questons in the thread!

Ian

2. braviafan2013

braviafan2013
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know, there is no easy and cost effective way to modify a new 2013 Sony blu ray player to make it region free. Hardware modification would be essential to get a blu ray region free capability. There could be a software hack for DVD region free capability but that would require some special remote. Sony's remote can't be used for that hack

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. iancoleman

iancoleman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes - its DVDs I'm looking to play. Does anyone know which remotes may work or can you point me in the direction of previous threads?

4. ArmitageShanks

ArmitageShanks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +687
  5. Clem_Dye

Clem_Dye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +573
    There used to be a number of sites that offered pre-programmed remotes with the necessary engineering command strings to enable multi-region DVD playback on Sony and Panasonic BR player kit. I used one successfully on my Sony BDP-363 BR player. Expensive at GBP10 perhaps, especially for a one-off use, but certainly a means to an end.

Clem

6. iancoleman

iancoleman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Clem

That sounds ideal to be honest. I'd rather take the £10 hit than replace the big stack of R1 stuff I've got.

Do you happen to know the site you got the remote from or could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!