Sony BDP-S5500 1080p issue with Yamaha RX-V765

neil_mcd

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I have the following setup: S5500 -> Yamaha RX-V765 -> Sony KDL-40Z5500. The BluRay player will operate fully in all modes except 1080p mode.
In 1080p, the receiver will start and restart the connection as indicated by the 'HDMI' link appearing and disappearing.
All components are 1080p capable and function fully with my DVR, appleTV & xbox as source.

Any thoughts as to what is causing this compatibility issue?
Any features/options I can alter or disable on the BDP or receiver to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Neil

Try turning of Deep Colour and if that doesn't work switch of any CEC features. Make sure you switch tv on then receiver then the sony and you could try another hdmi cable.

Hi,

Switched off Deep Colour and I'm happy to report that I am able to run in 1080p.
Further testing, DC Options are: Off, 10bit, 12bit, 16bit & Auto. I pass the resolution test on both 'Off' & 10bit. No image under 12bit or Auto as per the original setting.
I may try a better quality HDMI cable, but for now it looks like i'll be happy to keep this player.

Thanks for your assistance!

Glad I could help, what's the mechanical noise like from the mechanism on that model. If the cable works ok I would keep it.

Its pretty quiet in my opinion - didn't notice it at all during playback.
Then again my other DVD player is an Xbox360 so make of that what you will.

Neil

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom