Sony BDP-S360 -Problem with HDMI Switch

vissim34

Standard Member
Just recently bought a Sony BDP-S360 blu ray and works fine. Struggling with lack of HDMI inputs in my Sony 46" KDL so went for an auto 3 input, 1 output switcher as needed to share the port with a Sony HD Camcorder XR520 (awesome kit this one!). Camcorder worked fine with switch seeing it automatically and when press the button to change inputs but the blu ray won't have it and TV provides error as "unsupported signal check device output" with black screen. Occassionally it will flick on to show the blu ray menu but rarely. Anything I can do to resolve this one -tried changing HDMI cables. Cheers Steve

skk3

Just recently bought a Sony BDP-S360 blu ray and works fine. Struggling with lack of HDMI inputs in my Sony 46" KDL so went for an auto 3 input, 1 output switcher as needed to share the port with a Sony HD Camcorder XR520 (awesome kit this one!). Camcorder worked fine with switch seeing it automatically and when press the button to change inputs but the blu ray won't have it and TV provides error as "unsupported signal check device output" with black screen. Occassionally it will flick on to show the blu ray menu but rarely. Anything I can do to resolve this one -tried changing HDMI cables. Cheers Steve
Presumably all your TV's other HDMIs are currently in use? Can you connect any of the other pieces of equipment in a nother way, ie component?

I would want my Blu-ray with as direct a link as possible.

All the best, Syk

:)

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
Try turning off deep colour output in the S360 menus. It may be incorrectly handshaking with the switch in the chain.

skk3

Will try both of your thoughts and report back. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Cheers
No probs, its what the Forum is all about - hope you solve your problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom