• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sony bdp-s360 prob w/ hdmi out

paulped

Standard Member
hi,

i just bounght a bdp-s360
and i tried using the hdmi out
and all im seeing on my tv is just snow
the component and composite out is working fine
any help will be greatly appreciated

regards
and thanks in advance

Last edited:

paulped

Standard Member
i just wanted to add
when i turn on the blu ray, it shows the sony welcome screen before going all snow
and i know the cable and outlet on the tv works
i use to have an upscaling dvd player on it and working fine right before upgrading to the bluray player

skk3

i just wanted to add
when i turn on the blu ray, it shows the sony welcome screen before going all snow
and i know the cable and outlet on the tv works
i use to have an upscaling dvd player on it and working fine right before upgrading to the bluray player

Might be worth switching to another HDMI socket and running auto set once again...it seems that there is obviously a handshake issue, maybe at the TV end because it displays a signal and then goes snowy. If it was the player there would be no signal at all?

Last edited:

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
It still could be the cable. 1080p especially when playing a blu ray uses a lot more data than even a uspcaling 1080p dvd player.

What happens if you choose 720p?

paulped

Standard Member
thanks for the replies

i noticed when i went to:
video settings
->output video format
the screen where you chose hdmi, component video, or video (composite)
i was only able to select component or video, the hdmi selection was not lit up and accesable
i have tried 3 different hdmi cables

are there different grades of hdmi and do i need a different one

thanks

Last edited:

atrainedmonkey

Standard Member
Hi, did you find a solution?

I just bought a s363 today, got it home and didn't even get a snowy screen on my 40" samsung b550. It could not find the signal and like you claimed, the bluray player couldn't be set to HDMI in the output settings.

The HDMI cable I have works for plugging my mac into the tv so I should think that is fine.

I have tried turning off any auto-detect features like deep colour in the bluray and have turned off Samsungs "any net" incase its a HDMI handshake issue.

As it stands Im going to take it back to John Lewis on Friday and try to get a replacement.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom