sony BDP-S350 UPDATE?

knuckledusta72

Standard Member
Reaction score
anyone know if the firmware update for the sony BDP-S350 is available to download yet? and if so where from?

Just to let those with this model know, there's a new software update available:

Software Version 07.4.019

Chris.

I updated mine yesterday and now it won't upscale DVD's.
It's connected to the same TV via component leads, set at a 720p output as before, but I get either 480p or 576p output when playing a DVD. Blu-Ray and AVCHD playback is unaffected, I get a 720p playback with these as I do with the Sony settings screen.
I want to go back to Ver 015 now, but didn't keep a copy, anyone know where you can download the previous firmware from?

Last edited:
I can't seem to connect my 350 to the internet for some reason.

It was working as I've already done one update on it to 015 but for some reason it seems it doesn't even detect my internet even tho its plugged in to the router via ethernet cable......strange.

Have you tried powering the router off and on? I would have thought that would solve it for now.

Have you tried powering the router off and on? I would have thought that would solve it for now.

Lol thats the first thing I tried ;)

Router works fine with my PC, my laptop, my 360 and my Wii.

Just seems it's magically stopped working with the 350 as I'm the only one who can get into my router and change the firewall settings, which I haven't done. :)

Does the 350 have a fast start function? If so, are you using it? Just wondering if it's a DHCP thing.

The sony site just quotes the new update as adding compatability with BD-live discs so I don't think anything much is added other than stopping us having problems with future discs.

Do you think sony will ever add any more features to this player or have they now moved onto a newer model and this one will pretty much be left as it is. I know I am being extremly hopefull here but can someone say 100% that DTS-MA decoding can not physically be added to this machine via a software update. Cheers.

Do you think sony will ever add any more features to this player or have they now moved onto a newer model and this one will pretty much be left as it is. I know I am being extremly hopefull here but can someone say 100% that DTS-MA decoding can not physically be added to this machine via a software update. Cheers.

I know you can say never but feature wise i would have thought the 350 is all maxed now out to be honest,just my opinion of course.
All the best.

Hi all

I just updated my firmware because of freezing issues with 2 discs

Transporter 3
Tango and Cash

The problem is still there, anyone else had freezing issues with these or any other discs?

Tony

Unfortunately, that link takes you directly to a very old firmware update !

Taking the 'Firmware Download' link from here

Blu-ray Players BDP-S350 Sony Europe Customer Support Portal

should always take you to the latest version.

Or you could just network connect your player and select the appropriate options for it to look for the latest firmware itself !

To be fair to Kingfats, that link was posted last October!;)

Good link though Philip.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom