• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SONY BDP-S350 blu ray player - picture dropping out

petet66

My Sony BDP-S350 blu ray player has never had problems with discs until yesterday. A dvd had played fine for a couple of hours but then half way through a blu ray film the picture dropped out for a couple of seconds. The audio continued unaffected through the surround sound amp but the tv behaved as though the blu ray player had been switched off and started hunting for an alternative picture source.

I rewound the blu ray a few seconds, the picture came back on and the section of the disc played fine. This happened two or three times so I wondered if it was a faulty blu ray but the issue wasn't repeatable - when I rewound the disc to replay the section where the picture had dropped out it played fine each time.

When I ejected the disc at the end of the film it was very hot, not something I had never experienced before. I then played the dvd which had worked fine before and after a few minutes it also had a brief picture drop out as with the blu ray.

So it looks like the issue is the bluray player not the discs sadly. Has anyone experienced this problem? Is it known? Is it terminal?

Last edited:

Gavtech

Administrator
My suspicion is that it is nothing to do with the Bluray Player.

More likely a spurious call for attention by either another source connected to the TV or within the TV itself.

If it happens again - note which source the TV arrives at displaying.

petet66

Thanks I will watch some more films and see what happens!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom