SONY BDP-S185 setup

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Andy Matheson, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Andy Matheson

Andy Matheson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my son a SONY BDP-S185 for christmas to hook up to his 21' LOGIK TV. I have connected it via the HDMI socket but cannot get the audio sorted. The settings are un-intuitive. So far I am only getting some of the audio, mostly music and effects, regardless of the DVD being played. Any help to simplify this please?

2. mentm

mentm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +466
    What are your audio options in the menu?

3. Andy Matheson

Andy Matheson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many & varied I'm afraid. I think I may have got half way to the answer though. We were trying to set it up to play Toy Story 2. TS 2 only has a 7.1, a 5.1 and a Stereo with embedded commentary. By cycling through the options with the 'Audio' button on the remote, we can chose the desired system. How stupid that there is no option on the disc for Stereo without the comm. track. SAme for the newly released 'Super 8'. But Pirates of the Caribbean 3 has a Stereo without commentary track and this plays fine. Upshot is that my 14 year old son now wants a surround system in his bedroom.

4. mentm

mentm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +466
    You don't need a surround sound setup or stereo track just need to configure your player correctly