Sony BDP-S185 Anyone giot one, any thoughts, any good etc ? Thanks

moorsview

Standard Member
Hi my dad is thinking of buying one of these and we might too.

Just wondered if the picture qaulity and also dvd upscaling is any good please. As good as say the 370/ 380 etc ?

Also does it have any picture adjustments at all please, or picture presets etc.

Any drive noise issues at all ?

Many Thanks for any thoughts or advice etc.

Best Mark.

mentm

AFAIK it's the same as the s380 minus media playing abilities.

dmjohnson123

Novice Member
Picked a Sony BDP-S185B from Sainsburys yesterday @ £69.99

They had the 380 for £119.99

Bit early to comment too much on how great the BDP-S185B is but the streaming is absolutely brilliant - we have Lovefilm at £9.99 a month, it was a doddle to 'register' the BDP-S185B for Lovefilm (via sony site) and really pleased with both Lovefilm and iplayer on the unit.

Noticed the 380 has component out as well as hdmi, the 185 only has hdmi (no component), for most people I would think hdmi would be the connection method anyway.

Last edited:

moorsview

Standard Member
Hi thanks for the info, my dad was actually mooching around asda and they had the recent LG650 BR PLAYER, for £40, he quickly grabbed one and bobs your uncle.

We got a philips 5100/05 as it has component for £72 online, great machine, though rather large, its really well built.

Might get a bit difficult to find one with component out soon the way things are going.

Best Mark.

Soundburst

In Memoriam
Hi thanks for the info, my dad was actually mooching around asda and they had the recent LG650 BR PLAYER, for £40, he quickly grabbed one and bobs your uncle.

We got a philips 5100/05 as it has component for £72 online, great machine, though rather large, its really well built.

Might get a bit difficult to find one with component out soon the way things are going.

Best Mark.

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and watched our first movie tonight. . .cut to a black screen after 20 mins and wouldn't do anything. Reset it. . .played for another 5 mins. . .went black again.

Very disappointed.

Going to have to go back to Argos and try for a replacement if they have any.

Anyone else had this happen?

skk3

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and watched our first movie tonight. . .cut to a black screen after 20 mins and wouldn't do anything. Reset it. . .played for another 5 mins. . .went black again.

Very disappointed.

Going to have to go back to Argos and try for a replacement if they have any.

Anyone else had this happen?

Hve you tried another HDMI cable?

mentm

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom