• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony BDP-S1500 region free instructions

scherler

Novice Member
Hi guys
I have a Sony BDP-S1500 Blu-Ray / DVD player and I need to know how to make it region free. I suppose this is only possible with DVD player and not with Blu-Ray, isn't it?
I tried to follow instructions posted for other Sony models but didn't worked.
Do you have some advice?
Many thanks and regards
Marcus

Loopthrough

Prominent Member
Look on eBay for a Sony Blu-ray Player Multiregion hack remote. It's about £12, but it will only make the DVD side region free. If you want an all region BD and DVD player, I have some of those (still new) by Toshiba.

scherler

Novice Member
Hi. Many thanks for hint and I bought this DVD player with an one for all remote control yesterday, so if I buy another DVD player my wife will not be really happy.
Thanks and I try to find procedure with the all in one remote. Regards

Loopthrough

Prominent Member
You only need one of those hack remotes on eBay, they're about £12, that will give you DVD multi region playback. No procedure needed. You can just resell that remote afterwards or something.

lotoazul

Novice Member
any chance anyone knows a way to unlock this model in regions outside the UK? i saw that you can unlock it with a one for all remote control off ebay, but it seems those only work for region 2 coded players, and mine is region 4. any suggestions are appreciated!

Loopthrough

Prominent Member
Is there a solution here for unlocking the Sony BDP s1500 ?
For Multiregion DVD or Blu or both? The only solution for these newer Sonys is to buy them pre-chipped (ICOS mod) from somewhere like multiregionmagic. If you only want multiregion DVD on a Blu-Ray Player, you can pick up any Philips BDP and modify it using a hack code.

botox1

Novice Member
For Multiregion DVD or Blu or both? The only solution for these newer Sonys is to buy them pre-chipped (ICOS mod) from somewhere like multiregionmagic. If you only want multiregion DVD on a Blu-Ray Player, you can pick up any Philips BDP and modify it using a hack code.

Thank you :)
But my question is to have the solution... What is the hack code for the BDP S1500 ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom