SONY BDP S1500 Bluray player

Ash90

Novice Member
Hello ,
I recently bought Sony's BDP S1500 Bluray player

It Supports DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO , Dolby Digital , AAC , PCM files ,
But Not Supporting Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus movie files through USB ..
E-AC-3 and MLP FBA (Audio codecs)
But As it plays DTSHD master and other uncompressed files why DD+ and TrueHD showing as Audio Not Supported and Video Plays alone without any audio ...
Im attaching File codecs of DD+ and Dolby TrueHD below which are showing cannot play , Kindly help
however In Manuals and Websites they say they can play DD+ and dolby TrueHD
If any settings kindly help .. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Dolby Digital Plus.jpg
    Dolby Digital Plus.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 17
  • Dolby TrueHD.jpg
    Dolby TrueHD.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 16

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Hello ,
I recently bought Sony's BDP S1500 Bluray player

It Supports DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO , Dolby Digital , AAC , PCM files ,
But Not Supporting Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus movie files through USB ..
E-AC-3 and MLP FBA (Audio codecs)
But As it plays DTSHD master and other uncompressed files why DD+ and TrueHD showing as Audio Not Supported and Video Plays alone without any audio ...
Im attaching File codecs of DD+ and Dolby TrueHD below which are showing cannot play , Kindly help
however In Manuals and Websites they say they can play DD+ and dolby TrueHD
If any settings kindly help .. Thanks in advance
I'm guessing but it may be like other Sony and Panasonic players which do not play HD soundtracks in .mkv files over USB

Ash90

Novice Member
I'm guessing but it may be like other Sony and Panasonic players which do not play HD soundtracks in .mkv files over USB
so whats alternative to this ?? i even tried on .Mp4 too . but ended up same ... any other file extension do u recommend to try Dolby trueHD and dolby digital plus? plz

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
so whats alternative to this ?? i even tried on .Mp4 too . but ended up same ... any other file extension do u recommend to try Dolby trueHD and dolby digital plus? plz
I don't know. But if anything like other Sony and Panasonic players they probably do not support HD soundtracks on any USB file format. Might be worth trying .ts or .m2ts (Panasonic plays DD+ with these, Sony might be the same).

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom