Sony BD-P590 region unlock with One4All URC-3940

vista vision852

Novice Member
I had to use 0533 instead of 20533 (point 3 in first post)worked on my European bdp790
rest is same code process. In fact the same codes also workes for hx710 hx510 sony recorders and blu ray player bdp 350 and 360 did them myself in the past with same code
Only for dvd free ofcourse.

Terriars

Novice Member
Hello,

Is it at all possible to make S790 region free for Blu-ray, or at least able to play A/1 region? Or is that completely impossible and totally out of the question?

Technically it shouldn't be unthinkable.

mentm

PoD26

Novice Member
Shgall75 you superstar!Thanks so much!

I followed your instructions exactly and my Australian bought Sony BDP-S590 is now DVD Region Free :clap:. (I used a One4All URC 3940 purchased from Harvey Norman)

martinreed

Novice Member
Programming the URC 3940 OneforAll remote to enable region free playback of DVDs on the Sony BDP-S590
Quote:
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 20533

4. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 001891 (this sets key 1 the DVD button flashes twice)

8. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
9. Press 994
10. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
11. Press 002552 (this sets key 2 the DVD button flashes twice)

12. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
13. Press 994
14. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
15. Press 000953 (this sets key 3 the DVD button flashes twice)

16. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
17. Press 994
18. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
19. Press 002214 (this sets key 4 the DVD button flashes twice)

20. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice. .
21. Press 994
22. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
23. Press 000795 (this sets key 5 the DVD button flashes twice)
Done - the remote is now programmed and ready to use

Quote:
1. Now to make your player region free use the Sony remote that came with the player to bring it out of standby and wait while HOME is displayed
2. Make sure there isn't a disc in the machine.
3. Now on the OneforAll remote press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (The display will flash OK and turn off)
4. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
5. Thats it, the next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback
If the blue 24p light doesnt flash then it hasnt worked, try a new set of batteries and start a fresh
I used this procedure with a European (DVD Region 2 / BD Region B) Sony BDP-S590 player and One For All URC7955 remote. It took a lot of attempts, but I was eventually successful. My observations:

- press the buttons on the remote *slowly*. I started off pressing them too quickly, especially where digits were duplicated. Make sure that the DVD button (“BLU”, in the case of my remote) flashes twice each time after you have entered the six digit key-code. If not, you are doing it wrong, as I was.

- in step 3 I had to use the code 0533 for my European player. 20533 and 1516 did not work. So I am guessing that each region lock for the player requires a different code in step 3.

Reading from the other posts in this topic, it seems to be that the following codes work for the following regions:

1 (USA, Canada): 20533?
2 (Europe, South Africa): 0533
3 (Southeast Asia):
4 (South America, Australasia): 20533
5 (Africa, Russia, South and Central Asia):
6 (China):
7 (MPAA):
8 (International):

Code 1516: region not specified?

Perhaps the other posters could clarify which code worked for their region?

To the OP: thank you so much! 🙏

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom