Sony b550/553 or V5500

DAVISON

Hi everyone, just need opinions

The 40v5500 vs 40b550/553

It will be used for gaming - 360+ps3, bLU-RAY, freesat-hd and sd tv.

Thanks in advance,
Alex.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
if money is no object,go for the V5500 its the better tv

pixel8

...only had it a short period but short of HD, my 40b550 is setting up to be ok and appears to be fine for gaming/bluray to...SD depends a lot on the source input - mines is virgin - but the freeview SD picture is great...

DAVISON

Can anyone give there view of HD performance on the two??

Thanks.
Alex

DAVISON

Or is there any other Recomendations of tvs?

DAVISON

Also, does anyone know which panel is most likely to come with the 40" samsung??

DAVISON

Hi, I would apprecciate any and all help.
Thanks

vickster

Distinguished Member
Panel lottery with Samsung it seems - if lucky S-PVA - if concerned about this, get the 40V5500

DAVISON

STILL!

Thanks, If they both had the s-pva panel, which of the two would give a supirior PQ for my above criteria??

Cheers

vickster

Distinguished Member
Sony IMO

They are both really diff price wise, its no suprise the Sony is a better set IMO, the Sams are around £530:

Mod Comment: price comparison site link removed

While the Sony is around £650:

Mod Comment: price comparison site link removed

That is over £100 diff :eek: I have a V5500 & its a fantastic little set (32") but from what I've seen the 5 series Samsungs are also very capable & if you don't want to spend an extra tin then they are very good for the money!
Cheers,
Jiff

Last edited by a moderator:

lipz_89

Standard Member
"DAVISON" i have just recieved my Sony 40V5500 and i was going to purchase the sammy b550 a while ago. Having gone for the sony, and only playing my ps3 and blu ray through, i cant complain. Very good tv and well happy with it :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom