Sony announcements 21st and 23rd in Germany

Smak

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting PlayStation Announcements Planned
First in a series of unveilings planned for Leibzig

***** caught up earlier this week with the good people of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for a quick chat about all things PlayStation and we are pleased to let you know that the frustrating post-E3 wait for proper information on our PlayStation future is just about to end, with the first in a series of major announcements being made this coming Monday from Leibzig.

We can assure you that this first unveiling will, shall we say, be something you are very unlikely to have foreseen, coming from way out of leftfield. Suffice to say it brought a smile to our face as we think it will do yours. Check in here first thing on Monday when we’ll be able to disclose the full details of this announcement, as well as picking up the first tasty news droppings from all the other publishers at Leibzig.

http://news.spong.com/article/10614

and here

http://darkzero.co.uk/ci/games/news/10364/ps3-ps3-not-playable-in-leipzig

Could be something to do with the shape changing polymers patent...

Gamasutra - Although the Sony patent, which can be examined in full at the United States Patent Office website, does not make specific mention of the device’s application for a possible follow-up to the PSP, it does specifically describe the technology’s use with a game controller.

A scenario is described where a user touches a “control section” of the controller with their fingers and the feeling of touch is controlled by the device. The example is given of a player being defeated in a fighting game, after which the controller becomes soft to “ improve the realistic sensations in the game”.

A controller that goes limp when you lose, and presumably gets hard when you're kicking the crap out of someone?

Sounds... wrong.

It certainly would be "out of leftfield" though and, I dare say, put a smile on someone's face. (I'm thinking Bill Gates. And not because he wants a shape-shifting controller. ;))

richard plumb said:
pink PS2, PS2 price drop and Pink PSP. Thats it

Should have known it was just Spong.com BS from the start!

Cheers. :smashin:

hmmm pink....

Games Convention’s PS3 section revealed(News)

Amazing what you find wandering around trade shows the day before they open their doors. When Sony recently said it had taken the decision to hold off letting the general public gets their hands on PlayStation 3 until Tokyo Game Show at the end of September it really wasn't lying. We walked around the PS3 section of Sony'stand at Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany today and saw logos, screens and seats, but nary a controller (or PS3 hardware) in sight.

We're not lying either. We even took some pictures to prove it (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66851). We're not sure of the significance of the symbols on the screen at the moment, but we're sure all will be revealed at the company's GC06 press conference tomorrow afternoon at 5pm CET.

In the meantime, see if you can work it out yourself. Sorry, typing on German kezboard#s is reallz, reallz hard, so we#re going to leave it there.
Looks like there's going to be no playable PS3's :thumbsdow

From here...
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66853

I guess Europe isn't that important to them :thumbsdow
Surely they could have like 1 or 2 there for the very select few to wet their appetites :(

Is this an announcement for EU or a general PS3 one which affects all?

what was todays announcement then?

Now the 25th.

I followed Eurogamer feed on the Leipzig Nintendo & XBOX converences but can't find any info on what Sony did or said. Did they decide not to have theirs or something? Anybody know?

psikey said:
Now the 25th.

I followed Eurogamer feed on the Leipzig Nintendo & XBOX converences but can't find any info on what Sony did or said. Did they decide not to have theirs or something? Anybody know?

Nope. Nothing. Apparently they're waiting for the TGS. The Inquirer managed
a couple of snaps of the console at the press day - and that's all that I've seen...http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33895

There's also another rumour doing the rounds :)boring: ) of a 'hidden PS3 secret' ..... IGN also ran with this, but the article has been since pulled....

Another month of waiting I'm affraid.

Pretty disappointed with the information released in Germany, has mainly just been a load of screenshots and videos of new games. Was expecting some serious news from Sony and Nintendo :[

Have to say I wasn't expecting anything from SONY in Germany.

Haven't the gaming sites been saying for the last week or two that TGS was going to be the place to be for PS3 annoucments?

I think the most important annoucment, but also the most boring, from SONY at TGS will be prodution yeilds, as you would hope after another month they would know if they are going to meet their manuf/distribution targets for a Nov launch. Provided they have started making the things by then :D

Apparently everyone is waiting for TGS . Sony said there'll be playable demos at that show and hopefully more news!

I have heard through the grapevine, i must stress that this was a 18 year old sony fanboy grapevine who could provide no links or eveidence, that there will be a previously unannouced game shown off at TGS, something BIG according to the grapevine.

I'm moving towards calling that a load of b:censored:ks but you never now, they cant be wrong every time :suicide:

runam0k said:
I hope for Sony's sake it's more than just one. LOL

i disagree with that, if I was to get a PS3 at launch (which I'm not due to lack of money) theres quite a few games I would want

Resistance Fall of man looks like the killer launch game, I would also get COD3 (I know its multiplatform, but as I don't have a 360, I would get it for PS3). Other games I would probably want are warhawk, motorstorm and F.E.A.R (as I don't have it on PC).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom