Sony android tv 49XG recording and programming functionality

tdsmithj

Novice Member
I currently have sky tv which I am planning on getting rid of next month and replace it with something similar in the way of pausing / rewinding / recording functionality. Currently the TV has youview / freeview play and a generic EPG for freesat. I have bought a external hard drive and planning to use youview as my main EPG. I currently have the latest android 9 update and from the UK. Annoyingly you can't use the catchup services like all4 unless you use youview but I heard on youview you can't record programmes?

So my questions are,

1. Will youview give me that functionality, pause rewind / record?
2. What is the playback on recordings quality like? is it seamless?
3. If youview can't do this what is the best EPG/ Setup without buying another box?

The TV seems to do a lot of things but but not great as being an all in one solution.

Richardxx

I know you don't want another box but a proper PVR is cheapish and solves your problems plus other advantages esp recording at least 2 things while you watch something else.

tdsmithj

Novice Member
I know you don't want another box but a proper PVR is cheapish and solves your problems plus other advantages esp recording at least 2 things while you watch something else.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. How is it functionally? Good experience with the inbuilt youview?

Richardxx

Ok. Thanks for the reply. How is it functionally? Good experience with the inbuilt youview?
My Manhatten has the Freeview EPG. Pretty much trouble free operation. e,g, automatically tries to find alternative broadcast (e.g. +1 channels) if both its tuners already set to record. TV can be left off when it is recording. Much slicker than finding stuff on Catch up services. Can FF through ads easily.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom