Sony and V+ box

belly2000

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just got my new Sony KDL S3000 LCD and set it up with my V+ box via HDMI. DId the usual setting of V+ to HD using 720 then press text etc. - all seemed to work fine. I get a picture through my LCD etc. The problem is that the Sony LCD can't find (auto-detect) the V+ box. I've tried two HDMI leads and the three different HDMI connections all with the same result - nothing detected. The other thing is that when I go to AV4 (the HDMI connection I'm using) it displays 720p up in the corner for a few seconds - so does this mean everything is hunky dorey or do devices have to detect each other to work properley?

Cheers in advance

Mark

As far as I know HDMI does not work like scart sockets and switch the receiving equipment to that channel when the HDMI device is switched on. My Tosh does not auto detect either of my HDMI boxes.

Sorry,
I didn't explain myself clearly enough - it's not to do with auto switching - I realise that HDMI doesn't auto switch like a scart does. It's basically that the LCD doesn't detect through HDMI that the V+ box is connected. Is this a problem? i.e. If it doesn't detect the V+ box then will I not get HD? Or is it that in some cases the Sony won't detect attached components, but it's not a problem?

Cheers

Try a third HDMI lead if you can. Could be a duff cables you have.

Also, there are a few known incompatible devices that won't work but I heard that they were certain Samsung panels that just did not work with a V+ Box

I take it you are trying to get the V+ to show up in the device list within the tv? This list will only detect Sony equipment with Bravia Theatre sync.

Cheers
Kenny

As above, this only works with Sony devices.

David

I understand (I think!)
The device list within the bravia TV will only pick up other Sony devices that have theatre sync over HDMI. Thus the V+ box will not show up.

Thanks guys

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom