1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony and NTSC

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dorian, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Dorian

Dorian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    My Sony has a problem when viewing NTSC DVD's, the top inch of the screen "pulls". The outher corners have quite a lot of distortion which causes objects to bend as the camera pans up/down. It's not a geometry problem, and is fine with PAL sources.

The shop says they have heard of this before with Sony TV's but I don't believe them, there's never been anything on this forum about this.

Anyone else have the same problem? My TV is the DX40, they have offered to swap it for a Panasonic or another DX40 but nothing else comes close, I want digital and 50hz.

2. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    My dad had the same problem with his sony (32fq), basically the ntsc on the av outputs was not enabled, an engineer fromComet came round, rang up Sony who told him how to get into the engineers menu and set it, I can remember how he didi it (usual hold down this button while turning tv on etc etc). Try ringing sony and ask them to talk you through it. It is a simple procedure.