1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony and contact!!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dub45, Apr 2, 2002.

1. dub45

dub45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to let you all know that I have made contact with the MD Sony Ireland and in a long telephone conversation he admitted that there was a fault and that Sony in the UK were working on a fix. He promised that when the fix was available Sony would arrange for engineers to call to people's houses and fix the TVs.

I told him that I had very little confidence in this as Sony Uk had treated their customers apallingly and I referred him to here.

However he asked me to accept his word for it and promised to contact me later in the week. I will keep you informed of progress.

At least he spoke to me which is something I suppose!

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're lucky....I've been trying for ages to speak with Sony UK's MD but can't get past Jepson. I feel sorry (only slightly) for her really cos she's getting all this grief and can do nothing about it!!!
    If you're reading this Sony Ireland MD perhaps you would like to speak with your counterpart in the Uk and ask him to call me......you can always PM me for the number. I don't want to discuss the problem itself...we know a fix is being worked on....I want to discuss how this has been handled and how supposedly valued customers are treated.
    I await the PM although I suspect I'll have a long wait!!!!!

3. CharlesElliott

CharlesElliott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any update from Sony?

Charles

4. dub45

dub45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a call yesterday from theh Sec of the MD or GM or whatever the title! Apparently Sony are very close to solving the problem
    they are 99.9% there! Although I will belive this when I see it (or dont see it in the case of the scrolling bars!!)

More news as I get it!!!

5. Neilly

Neilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please, Please do update this as there are many people waiting for a positive response from Sony. This problem has dragged on for me for over a year and three sets.

Thanks

Neilly.

6. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Neilly

Have you got any response from Sony UK on your recent complaint yet ??

fwan

7. dub45

dub45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just had a phone call from the secretary to the GM Sony Ireland.

She told me that Sony (and I presume its Sony in the UK) were testing new boards and that they expected to have the results next Wednesday and that she will let me have a further update as soon as possible.

I will keep you all informed.

8. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dub45

Many thanks for the update. You seem to have more joy over there than we have over here in UK.

fwan

9. dub45

dub45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In fairness to the GM Sony Irl he responded to a registered letter which I sent him containing lots of proof from the net that there was a problem. He rang me and spoke to me for quite a while and since then his secretary has followed up on information exactlly when he said she would so for the moment I cant ask for any more than that.

Sony have a lot to learn from this mess though. They are very lucky that the problem has not hit the mainstream - it does make you wonder about the coonsumer mags though - lots of them have given great reviews to the TV - how come they never spotted the defects if they test it adequately and how come they are not reading items like this if they want to keep up with whats really happening out there!

10. Neilly

Neilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many, many thanks for the updates. Can;t wait to hear what happens Wednesday.

Fwan.

"Hi Neilly

Have you got any response from Sony UK on your recent complaint yet ??

fwan"

I have not received any response from Sony since their last letter dated 13th March. It was from AJ and said that "Upon receipt of any further information relating to this matter, you will be contacted." I assume they know nothing further!!!

Time for another letter.

Neilly.

11. Berisford

Berisford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Indeed Dub45..............my thoughts too............I can only assume our moderator is not on line!

BJ Mansfield