Sony Alpha series video out

bsuttie

Novice Member
HI, I think I'm ready to make the move up from my Fuji Finepix 5500 bridge camera to a DSLR. After many hours reading on here I'm leaning towards the Sony A300 (love the tilting LCD and 16:9 mode).

Anyway one bit of info I can't find relates to video out when shooting. I've found this very useful when doing tabletop photography.

So do the A300 / 350 give you video out when shooting?
Does it switch off the LCD?
Can you turn the indicators off to get a "clean" output.

I realise it will be composite video only, but that's fine for my purposes, mainly for lighting etc.

Any info appreciated before I head off to Jessops to take advantage of their Bank Holiday weekend offers (even though it's not a holiday here!)

regards

Brian

Jacksonjnr

Novice Member
HI, I think I'm ready to make the move up from my Fuji Finepix 5500 bridge camera to a DSLR. After many hours reading on here I'm leaning towards the Sony A300 (love the tilting LCD and 16:9 mode).

Anyway one bit of info I can't find relates to video out when shooting. I've found this very useful when doing tabletop photography.

So do the A300 / 350 give you video out when shooting?
Does it switch off the LCD?
Can you turn the indicators off to get a "clean" output.

I realise it will be composite video only, but that's fine for my purposes, mainly for lighting etc.

Any info appreciated before I head off to Jessops to take advantage of their Bank Holiday weekend offers (even though it's not a holiday here!)

regards

Brian
Just tried it and it does give you video out when shooting in live view mode and turns off the LCD

Hope this helps:thumbsup:

bsuttie

Novice Member
Thanks very much. That's the same as the Fuji so I'm happy enough with that. Would have been even better if it had a clean output and left the LCD on, but it's no big deal.

Thanks again

Brian

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom