Sony AG9 OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Yes definitely me too. It's very pleasant to watch, and the sound is good coming from the screen too, I would never go qled, i would only go for Samsung if I were a serious gamer. Occasionally, for me to game on OLED, is more than pleasing.
I'm not a huge gamer, today was the the first time I've used my Xbox all year! I'm more into films, have a reasonably large collection

I'm not a huge gamer, today was the the first time I've used my Xbox all year! I'm more into films, have a reasonably large collection

I like to watch older movies, and a few series (walking dead/Witcher/Friends/Full House, and so) and the occasional fifa gaming days, even though I am not good at it and are starting to give up on it 🤣. At the moment I'm more into golf gaming a little bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_210400.jpg
    IMG_20200219_210400.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 87
I like to watch older movies, and a few series (walking dead/Witcher/Friends/Full House, and so) and the occasional fifa gaming days, even though I am not good at it and are starting to give up on it 🤣. At the moment I'm more into golf gaming a little bit.
Is that Rory McIlroy PGA tour? Do like that game, here is part of my film collection
20200219_201242.jpg

Is that Rory McIlroy PGA tour? Do like that game, here is part of my film collectionView attachment 1260171
Yes it is mate, it always makes me feel calm looking at those beautiful surroundings in the game, and calculating the shots and so on. Nice collection, I have a smaller selection of DVDs

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_211832.jpg
    IMG_20200219_211832.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 82
Yes it is mate, it always makes me feel calm looking at those beautiful surroundings in the game, and calculating the shots and so on. Nice collection, I have a smaller selection of DVDs
It is a good game, also nice collection, I've been playing Star Wars Fallen Jedi on my One X today, the HDR of the lightsabres in a dark room is amazing on the AG9

It is a good game, also nice collection, I've been playing Star Wars Fallen Jedi on my One X today, the HDR of the lightsabres in a dark room is amazing on the AG9
I can easily imagine that. I have contacted a tv calibrator to come and calibrate my AG9 in the beginning of March, just awaiting on some dates from him

I can easily imagine that. I have contacted a tv calibrator to come and calibrate my AG9 in the beginning of March, just awaiting on some dates from him
I'm in two minds whether to get mine done or not given the minor issues I have with it, but then you look at the pictures Vincent Teoh puts on his twitter feed and then you think I wish my TV looked like that!

I'm in two minds whether to get mine done or not given the minor issues I have with it, but then you look at the pictures Vincent Teoh puts on his twitter feed and then you think I wish my TV looked like that!
I hear you, after I found that one dead pixel on mine, and another looking slightly dead too, in the top left luckily, I also have this fear that more dead pixels might appear...just like the AF9 I had....

TV's are so fragile nowadays

I just typed in these settings, a reference guide from rtings'The color gammut' settings. Trying it out to see a difference.

Anyone else tried these settings? I know it's not going to be accurate. It's all because I am curious.

Why there is no more SPORTS picture setting in this tv like previous sony tvs?

second question, what is the best settings for football match ?

Last question, how can i add more than one custom picture settings and edit its name ?

Why there is no more SPORTS picture setting in this tv like previous sony tvs?

second question, what is the best settings for football match ?

Last question, how can i add more than one custom picture settings and edit its name ?

You cant'add' more custum picture modes'as far as I know. When you get it professionally calibrated they unlock two new modes, called custom for pro 1 and custom for pro 2, day and night viewing respectively.

Best settings for sports and generally all kind of content depends on your personal preference, me myself am a 'Purist' so I want the most natural looking picture, and have just ordered a professional calibrator in the start of march 🤙

My current settings are as follows, Custom mode(all picture processing switched off/personal reference
Brightness 25-35
Gamma Low(perfect for night time viewing) during day, Maybe set it at medium.
Rest is as it was out of the box. I like this setting for pretty much everything.

Dolby Vision and HDR I haven't tampered with.

These settings are only for my SDR.
Cheers

First real experience of burn in yesterday, I was round my Sisters, they have an LG 2016 OLED and noticed it instantly on red dark backgrounds what surprised me was it was from the yellow bar section of the SKY HD now and next as you change channels, amazing just goes to show that its cumulative, I didn't say anything!

First real experience of burn in yesterday, I was round my Sisters, they have an LG 2016 OLED and noticed it instantly on red dark backgrounds what surprised me was it was from the yellow bar section of the SKY HD now and next as you change channels, amazing just goes to show that its cumulative, I didn't say anything!
LG....hardly a surprise eh?🤣..

LG....hardly a surprise eh?🤣..
I know but have only ever seen it on photos online never in the flesh, its horrible to look at as it suddenly appears then disappears, dialled my settings down abit today!

I know but have only ever seen it on photos online never in the flesh, its horrible to look at as it suddenly appears then disappears
Me neither.

But okay, a 2016 OLED..they do have some history, as far as I read.

Yes, I would definitely rather have dead pixels than burn in, but the burn in, today..is blown way out of proportion's I think.

Guys if you don’t want to see your panels destroyed do not watch Locke and key, it must be the way it’s filmed but it absolutely shows the worst of both my AG9 and AF9, funny thing is it’s not on the really dark scenes it’s on slightly lighter greens and browns, thin streaks all over the place 😂😂😂

Guys if you don’t want to see your panels destroyed do not watch Locke and key, it must be the way it’s filmed but it absolutely shows the worst of both my AG9 and AF9, funny thing is it’s not on the really dark scenes it’s on slightly lighter greens and browns, thin streaks all over the place 😂😂😂
Watching the first episode, so far no issue here, beautifully shot show. Lots of beautiful scenes with lots of Contrast, awesome.

I can see that the whole color theme on this show leans towards the brown/green and can highlight some flaws in some panels, but mine has looked very decent during the whole first episode.

Beautiful scenes and setup in this show, very enjoyable.

Last edited:
Watching the first episode, so far no issue here, beautifully shot show. Lots of beautiful scenes with lots of Contrast, awesome.

Dolby Vision Dark mode.
Checked it out on mine last night, didnt look that bad, it does have a weird colour tone to it, bit I do see banding on that Marco Polo and mindhunter scenes

Checked it out on mine last night, didnt look that bad, it does have a weird colour tone to it, bit I do see banding on that Marco Polo and mindhunter scenes
That marco polo scene is extreme. The mindhunter scene is that where he is at this party in total dark and it pans to the left across the room? Tried that on my AF9..jeez... that was not pretty haven't tried on my AG9, and probably shouldn't 🤦🤣

That marco polo scene is extreme. The mindhunter scene is that where he is at this party in total dark and it pans to the left across the room? Tried that on my AF9..jeez... that was not pretty haven't tried on my AG9, and probably shouldn't 🤦🤣
Yep thats the one and yes probably best dont go there!

Hows the new update holding up for anyone? Not performed mine yet!

Hows the new update holding up for anyone? Not performed mine yet!

Not encountered any sort of problems, except once where it didn't want to turn on, for about two minutes, and then suddenly, it turned on 🤔 all good since then.

When can we expect further price drops on the AG9? And what sort of prices were they going for around the Boxing day/xmas sales?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom