Sony AG8 Connected to Denon AVR-X2300W question

marvinandroid

Standard Member
Had my Denon Cinema Amp a while now and had it linked to a Panasonic 4K LED tv via a quality HDMI Cable buried in plastic conduit in my wall and stone fireplace. The combination has worked well until the TV developed a fault. I have replaced it with a Sony KD55AG8BU OLED which gives a better picture without edge lighting faults of the Panasonic.
Connected to the Denon is Panasonic BlueRay, VU+ Solo, Now TV box, and a Virgin V6 box. Everything works fine except the Virgin V6 box which I use for most of my viewing. V6 box is set for 4K output, and upscaling on a Denon is set on Auto. When switched on from standby first thing on any day the picture from the Virgin V6 flickers and continually the video momentarily cuts leaving a blank screen for a second then returns. The only way I can clear this fault is to reboot the Virgin Box then it works fine regardless of channel, or native resolution. The video remains steady and fine even if the box is put on standby for a while. However when the Virgin box has been left on standby overnight the picture flickering returns until the box is rebooted.
Virgin give the standard advice of change HDMI Cable, HDMI input on TV, and bypass Cinema Amp which I do not find particularly helpful. I wonder if anyone can suggest a change of setting in the Cinema Amp etc that may solve this or do we just think the Virgin Box is faulty?
Suggestions greatfully received. I have been experimenting with the settings for a week now and this is the only thing I cannot cure.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom