Sony AF9 OLED TV Owners and discussion Thread

One thing that I *still* haven't figured out with this TV is the clicking noises it makes, both when it is on and in standby. Yes, I know we are presuming it is compensation cycles or similar, but I get up pretty early on work days (like 4.30am) and even then, after a night of non-use since about 10pm or so, when the missus goes to bed, it is still clicking away when I walk passed it in the front room. I mean, it must be doing a hell of a night-shift if it is working all through the night behind the scenes.

Glad I've got a 6 year warranty, put it that way.

I think you're fine. All of our TVs do it. Just the way of things.

One thing that I *still* haven't figured out with this TV is the clicking noises it makes, both when it is on and in standby. Yes, I know we are presuming it is compensation cycles or similar, but I get up pretty early on work days (like 4.30am) and even then, after a night of non-use since about 10pm or so, when the missus goes to bed, it is still clicking away when I walk passed it in the front room. I mean, it must be doing a hell of a night-shift if it is working all through the night behind the scenes.

Glad I've got a 6 year warranty, put it that way.

Just be glad you don’t have Sky Q. For the last couple of weeks me n the missus thought we had a leak in the house! Burbles away in the corner like mad. Almost got used to it now. 😩

For people still having issues with lack of sound via Netflix etc , I have found if you access the app via the HOME menu rather than the dedicated button on the remote ,it works every time :)

This is a great tip. 👍. Thanks mate. For me the main gripe with the update is now averted!

This is a great tip. 👍. Thanks mate. For me the main gripe with the update is now averted!

That could explain why some folks never see it. I never use the Netflix button on the remote, I always forget it’s there. lol.

I have to say the sound from TV is much better. And picture is darker but more detailed and better on all inputs. But I can't find HDMI Enhanced Format. Used to be under inputs but not seeing it since updated.

Not a chance. My TV is working fine and I don't need flashier menus or the other features....unless it stops those clicks!?
You don’t know what your missing ,the picture quality for me is definitely better on the onboard apps ,Atmos through the tv speakers is good, Modern menus , it’s a great update with a few teething problems !!

Just returned. Any news on Disney+ or AppleTV+?

1 Oscar is enough.

I saw your biography last night..........................you deserved much more than just one Oscar ;).

Quite a heartbreaking early life you had, before really making something of yourself :thumbsup::laugh::rotfl:

IPlayer still glitchy. I’m watching old silent witness episodes. Before the update all was fine. Since the update about 15 mins into watching an episode screen goes black and I have to exit out of iplayer. Also iplayer doesn’t load now and again. All other apps are fine. I watch iplayer every night so it see this a lot. Hopefully they will bring an update out for it.

Just returned. Any news on Disney+ or AppleTV+?

1 Oscar is enough.
Yes Disney Plus has been brought forward a week and haven’t you heard? Apple TV is out!!!!!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

4A09FFEC-B6CC-4155-AAB0-2FF211367B6C.jpeg

(fake news)

GUYS! How the hell do I exit the service menu? I press home and it goes to the home screen. When I go back to HDMI, the service menu reappears? Put the tv in standby, power back on and the service menu reappears?

Bladdy hell, sorted it out now :blush:. I turned it off entered the sequence for service menu again and then pressed home it worked. I thought my tv was a goner for a sec.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
If only....:(

I had a friend a few years back who used to brag how he doubled the memory on his iPhone by downloading an App. i Kid you not. People will buy anything.

You don’t know what your missing ,the picture quality for me is definitely better on the onboard apps ,Atmos through the tv speakers is good, Modern menus , it’s a great update with a few teething problems !!

How is the picture better?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom