Question Sony AF8 picture settings...read this story!

KTM450EXC

Standard Member
so I’m not a tech, have had a panny 42” plasma V10 for last 9 years which is still a great set and we love the real colours....anyway nowt wrong with tv but I had John Lewis vouchers burning a hole....

Started looking at a panny 55” led set as we needed freesat but was then swayed by JL rep to the XF90....the wife wanted Panasonic as the os while basic is functionally bliss. The I was shown the FZ802 which was a massive up and of course it was the one.

Over the last 3weeks I’ve had countless visits to JL, Curry’s and Richer sounds and every single salesperson pushed the AF8 over the 802. Basically the motion, up scaling and sound swayed the purchase of a Sony.

We had our initial AF8 for 2wks and I drove the family mad repeating how good the picture was.....I made setting from a basic comment found online and it worked brilliantly for watching all types of play...the tv developed a sound issue and was taken back to JL. We decided to try the FZ802 as the OS on Sony is really quite horrible.

The FZ was delivered on Saturday and I was so excited.....i set up played with settings BUT after 2wks of the Sony both my wife and I felt very flat withe panny.....it did not shine like the Sony despite having great menus and friendly o/s. the inferior motion was very noticeable and watching the 6 nations, I could not find a satisfying colour setting.

I returned the set on Monday and switched back to the AF8 with humax STB.....despite being a lifelong Panasonic user, I’m now Sony thro and thro ( you may think fickle)

Currently I have the picture set to std, with brightness on 32 and light sensor off but it’s not quite there. Sometimes colour is too “Samsung rich” and would like to reduce slightly...can anyone help here?

Sorry for the ridiculous post,would appreciate any help....

Thx Matt

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom