1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony - "Advanced" 100Hz Digital Plus

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by AlterMann, Apr 7, 2004.

1. AlterMann

AlterMann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is (or "is there a") difference between:

-100Hz Digital Plus (eg. FQ70)

and

-"Advanced" 100Hz Digital Plus (eg. FQ80)

?? :rolleyes: What is "Advanced"?

2. Paul Atreides

Paul Atreides

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Advanced has better motion smoothing.

3. AlterMann

AlterMann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any technical info, or experiences?

how important this feature?

4. Maxi_TK96

Maxi_TK96
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Advanced 100 Hz Digital Plus motion compensation filter does not work correctly atm:

1. Heavy ghosting when lateral movement. Also when watching UCL footie from a digital tv broadcast the football flickers when using this filter so there's something badly wrong here.

2. Large artifacts (marcoblocks) in some areas when a detailed object is moving. Discovered when watching T3 and Solaris but apparent also in other movies.

FQ80 and HQ100 models have this new filter on by default.

The 100Hz Digital Plus filter has only a modest motion compensation but it it bug free otherwise and in my opinion heavily recommended. In FQ80/HQ100 you can have the possiblity of selecting this "older" filter if you enable the 100 Hz menu from service menu (otherwise you cannot change the filter which is used). I can post more information about this if needed.

EDIT: As afterword I have to say that looks like Sony is losing the "smooth moving picture" contest. The new technology is buggy and no way near of Philips Digital Natural Motion (part of Pixel Plus). I don't know the technology which Panny uses so no comment there.