1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Active Black Panel advice please!

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by JimmyMc, Sep 1, 2003.

1. JimmyMc

JimmyMc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heya..

My old head unit has gawn down the pan and I'm going to replace it with an XR-510 - yes, I know.. but I still have a shed-load of tapes to play and besides, I have a CD-Changer in the boot..!

Anyway.. question is.. the active black panel - can I decide what gets displayed on it? The last thing I want is a panel with lots of whizzy-moving things like equalizers or mini-dinosaurs running along the front.. can I make it fairly mundane?

Also - can I make it blue? Would be nice to match the dash etc..

I know I'm a boring sod but hey-ho!

Ta for any info.. James

2. neilybealy

neilybealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    hiya

i've got the sony cdx m700r which has the active black panel

you can turn the spectrum analyser off in the menu options if your stereo has it so that it isn't constantly flashing

the XR-510 is exactly the same as mine (cept for the tape instead of cd) and when the controls are showing the blue and red matches the lights in my golf

you can't change any colours when the active black panel is showing but it still looks very impressive

i'll e-mail you a pic of what mine looks like with the power off

cheers

neil

3. neilybealy

neilybealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    can't e-mail you

i've sent you a private message instead

4. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had an active black panel sony (can't rememeber the model number but it was one down from top of the range CD tuner) and the majority of the display is blue (as is the lighting on the 'inside' panel).

Not sure on the state of play with sony head units at the moment but its they certainly weren't flashy like Pioneer units are. very smart looking unit.