Sony A9G as Centre Speaker

BlackAMG

Novice Member
Hi,

I've had my 77" Sony A9G for a while now and have had it setup as the Centre Speaker. My AMP is a Yamahe RX-V6A. But I am not at all happy with the dialogue sound. In fact my better half keeps whinging about how bad it is. I've tried a bunch of different settings but am at the point where I think I weill need to spend ~$1k or so for a decent centre speaker. I have two Martin Logan wall mount left/right speakers, Yamaha Sub and 4 Yamaha 8" ceiling speakers as Atmos Overhead and rears.

I had hoped the TV as a Centre speaker might work well and save me some money, but not so far.

Any others tried this or other advice?

Kapkirk

Ultimately I think you're going to have to shell out for a proper centre speaker as both you and your wife are clearly not happy with the centre ch from the Sony. You could just get a ML Motion 50xt, available for about £550 that should match reasonably well with your L+R and provide far better dialogue than the Sony is capable of.

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Ive been using mine for some time now and I,m very happy with it, my set up is a Denon 3600 with Q acoustic 3000 cinema pack

BlackAMG

Novice Member
Ultimately I think you're going to have to shell out for a proper centre speaker as both you and your wife are clearly not happy with the centre ch from the Sony. You could just get a ML Motion 50xt, available for about £550 that should match reasonably well with your L+R and provide far better dialogue than the Sony is capable of.
Yeah, I think you're right. I'm actually looking at the Motion 30i. But I admit I just heard about the Sony HT-A9 system and I'm VERY interested! I could pay $1k for a single speaker or $2.3k for a full on Dolby Atmos setup. Hmmm, decisions, decisions!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom