Sony A9F random no sound after switching from HDMI back to TV input

drekka

Standard Member
Hi all,

Some time ago I posted about what I thought was a HEOS bug, then a Marantz bug and now I'm at the point where I think the problem all along is my Sony A9F OLED.

The problem is an annoying randomly occurring one where after switching from my Apple TV (or sometimes HEOS audio) back to watching TV, the Marantz (7012) receives an audio signal from the TV, but all I get is silence. Switching back and forth doesn't fix the problem.

Setup:
Sony KD65A9F HDMI 3 eARC -> Marantz Monitor 1 input
Marantz
AppleTV -> Marantz Media Player input
AudioQuest Cinnammon 4K cables throughout.

Initially HDMI CEC was on and audio was routed from the TV to the receiver via eARC. Currently all CEC is off and audio is routed via a separate fibre optic cable from the TV to the Marantz Digital 1 input. The problem exists with no change in both configurations.

I've had extensive discussion with Marantz who have blamed the previous HDMI cables (hence new ones installed) and bad ARC negotiations (hence trying a separate digital cable and turning off CEC and eARC) and I've searched the web and so far not found anyone with the same issue.

Has anyone experienced this or similar and have an idea as to how to fix it?

The only remedy I have at the moment is to fully power the TV off and on. Only then will the sound be restored.

Thanks
Derek

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom