Sony A95K QD-OLED TV Owners & Discussion thread

Tim2049

Really not sure if I should return this TV for a 77 LG I’m having this internal debate with myself and can’t make my mind up. It’s not in a massive room but I’m just thinking for close to the same price I can get a much bigger screen of course not to the same quality though. I was just wondering if I was the only one with this thought here if you own the TV or not
Given how minor the differences are in picture quality, I'd say size matters. 65" to 77" is pretty significant...

Can't go wrong whichever choice you make though of course.

Chippy99

Given how minor the differences are in picture quality, I'd say size matters. 65" to 77" is pretty significant...

Can't go wrong whichever choice you make though of course.
Sure, and to be clear, I am not knocking the Sony particularly (other than the stand). I just reckon the Samsung is better value and nearly as good, if not AS good depending on your needs. Like you say, it would be hard to be disappointed with either.

PUD the Ancient

Personally I could not deal with the poor build quality and the terrible OS on the Samsung.

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Personally, I think the Samsung is a better proposition for most people. It's significantly cheaper, the stand is not such an abomination (although it is flimsy and crap), it's got 4 x HDMI 2.1 ports, it goes brighter.... And the PQ is surely 99% as good in nearly all use-cases.

I only bought the Sony because I hadn't changed my TV in 7 years and therefore decided sod it, I will buy whatever I want and sod the cost. Had it been a more price-sensitive decision I would almost certainly have gone for the Samsung.
Don’t get me wrong ,I love Sony sets ,love my 77”A80J ,but when you consider I paid £2399 for it ,and they are wanting more than that for the 55”A95K ( before cash back) it’s just crazy ,,same with the price difference between the A95K and the S95 ,yes the Sony is better in a lot of departments ,but not enough for me to justify it ,and I think there’s going to be a lot of discounting in the coming months ,purely because nobody is buying like they used too due to the cost of living crisis .
Ps if they brought a 77” A95K out and I had the money to buy it ,hell yes I would 👍👍

Personally, I think the Samsung is a better proposition for most people. It's significantly cheaper, the stand is not such an abomination (although it is flimsy and crap), it's got 4 x HDMI 2.1 ports, it goes brighter.... And the PQ is surely 99% as good in nearly all use-cases.

I only bought the Sony because I hadn't changed my TV in 7 years and therefore decided sod it, I will buy whatever I want and sod the cost. Had it been a more price-sensitive decision I would almost certainly have gone for the Samsung.
Personally I think the word "picture quality" gets used too broadly. Yes you can get similar brightness, colors, etc. since they're using the same QD panels, but if you count sharpness, processing, etc. as part of the "picture quality", then I don't think they're as close as people make it out to be.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom