Sony A95K QD-OLED TV Owners & Discussion thread

I’ve bought some of that Ecomoist Natural Screen Cleaner (recommended a few pages back) from Amazon, but haven’t tried it yet.

I think I’m also going to get some Isopropyl too.

Would this suffice? Lansilk 500 ml Isopropyl 70% IPA Rubbing Alcohol - First Aid Antiseptic Cleanser & Cleaning in United Arab Emirates - KO08PPEXOQ7 | binge.ae

Any recommendations for how to use it? Is it a slow process or does it work quickly? Apologies as I’m sure you’ve answered these questions many times before in the thread.😁
Let us know how you get on - thanks!

thanks for the reply, what does PQ and AQ mean!? picture and audio quality!? because there have been cases where after a reboot they are compromised!? I haven't used the TV since yesterday but it seems to work...
Yes, it means picture and audio quality.
If there is no difference in terms of the TV's performance then try not to worry.
BUT... obviously, if it keeps doing it... then I guess it will need attention.

I’ve bought some of that Ecomoist Natural Screen Cleaner (recommended a few pages back) from Amazon, but haven’t tried it yet.

I think I’m also going to get some Isopropyl too.

Would this suffice? Lansilk 500 ml Isopropyl 70% IPA Rubbing Alcohol - First Aid Antiseptic Cleanser & Cleaning in United Arab Emirates - KO08PPEXOQ7 | binge.ae

Any recommendations for how to use it? Is it a slow process or does it work quickly? Apologies as I’m sure you’ve answered these questions many times before in the thread.😁
Yes that will be fine. Are you in UAE? Just asking as if you are in the UK then I can suggest a better place to buy it and it's 99.9% medical grade pure.

Just put a small amount directly onto your cloth, wipe and dry and repeat until the greasy marks are gone. If needed, use several patches of the cloth or a few different cloths. It smells really strong and evaporates quickly. 70% will take longer to evaporate because it contains more water. It acts really quickly to strip the grease.

Yes that will be fine. Are you in UAE? Just asking as if you are in the UK then I can suggest a better place to buy it and it's 99.9% medical grade pure.

Just put a small amount directly onto your cloth, wipe and dry and repeat until the greasy marks are gone. If needed, use several patches of the cloth or a few different cloths. It smells really strong and evaporates quickly. 70% will take longer to evaporate because it contains more water. It acts really quickly to strip the grease.
I’m in the U.K. That link was just one I found on Google. I’ll order it from Amazon today. Might try that Ecomoist stuff this morning though. I used it on some other things yesterday and it brought them up a treat.

My friend keeps asking me if that 1600 is a great deal for the 55 inch or should he wait for the 2023 one I have told him even next one is only two hdmi 2.1 and I would say a95k will be better then the g3 and better processor than the next Samsung I’m hoping I’m not giving him false information.

I’m in the U.K. That link was just one I found on Google. I’ll order it from Amazon today. Might try that Ecomoist stuff this morning though. I used it on some other things yesterday and it brought them up a treat.
I did wonder, Hexeal chemicals is where I get mine. You can buy direct but they did sell on Amazon as well, don't know if they still do as I haven't had to buy any for a long time because I buy in bulk. Use the stuff for all sorts of cleaning jobs. I'm sure you'll get it sorted one way or another!

My friend keeps asking me if that 1600 is a great deal for the 55 inch or should he wait for the 2023 one I have told him even next one is only two hdmi 2.1 and I would say a95k will be better then the g3 and better processor than the next Samsung I’m hoping I’m not giving him false information.
It's a good price but if it only comes with a one year warranty then I'd stay well away from it. Rather pay the extra and get 6 years with RS and the great customer service that comes with it.

The 2 x 2.1 sockets isn't that big of a deal unless you've got more than 2 devices that require it and as you know, you can buy a HDMI switch if you need more.

I did wonder, Hexeal chemicals is where I get mine. You can buy direct but they did sell on Amazon as well, don't know if they still do as I haven't had to buy any for a long time because I buy in bulk. Use the stuff for all sorts of cleaning jobs. I'm sure you'll get it sorted one way or another!
There was a guy on here a few pages back who was getting really frustrated as he couldn‘t get rid of the smears on his screen. Everything he did made the smears worse and he began to think he’d damaged his screen.

This is how I felt! Until I saw that same guy had vanquished the marks with Isopropyl. I’m hoping for similar results!

It's a good price but if it only comes with a one year warranty then I'd stay well away from it. Rather pay the extra and get 6 years with RS and the great customer service that comes with it.

The 2 x 2.1 sockets isn't that big of a deal unless you've got more than 2 devices that require it and as you know, you can buy a HDMI switch if you need more.
Currys have price matched it after I had words with them 2200 Currys and 600 pound of voucher so 1600 5 year Sony warranty like mine.

Currys have price matched it after I had words with them 2200 Currys and 600 pound of voucher so 1600 5 year Sony warranty like mine.
And yeah hdmi switch like mine as mines been bang on tbh I’m jealous of that price like I say I don’t think Samsung 2022 or lg g3 gonna be better than this tv overall also told him he won’t get it for that price again Sony don’t knock master series down much the a90j still like 1600 I think 55 inch

I personally will never ever buy a TV or much of anything else from Curry's. Each to their own of course.

I personally will never ever buy a TV or much of anything else from Curry's. Each to their own of course.
Yeah I agree least he will get the 5 years with Sony as I know personally any issues don’t will help . Me personally don’t know how u could say no to 1600 for a a95k

There was a guy on here a few pages back who was getting really frustrated as he couldn‘t get rid of the smears on his screen. Everything he did made the smears worse and he began to think he’d damaged his screen.

This is how I felt! Until I saw that same guy had vanquished the marks with Isopropyl. I’m hoping for similar results!
Link to Hexeal above for anyone that wants to use it. It's cheaper direct than on amazon.

There was someone very early on in the thread who used IPA and removed smears and did no damage. The latest one who you mention recently doing it contacted Sony about it and had it from their own 'engineer' that IPA is fine to use and will not damage the screen.

There's a few retailers (ASK or PRC) and a 5 year Sony Warranty doing the 55" for a few pounds under £2000 now will Curry's not price match them and still use your voucher.

My Sony A95K 65" (back up to £2698 now) just turned up from ASK Direct that I got for £1998 on Sunday night, great service and tracking, just got to get it out of the box and set up now :)

Last edited:
Yeah they will Currys have honoured the 2000 price and the 20 percent of voucher which takes it to 1600

I'd be wary of using neat Isopropyl on a screen.

Anyone considering it should definitely try it on a very tiny section of the screen first.

Yes, it cuts through grease really well, but I can't help wondering what it might do to any coating the screen has.

Sony says it's fine, as confirmed by their own engineer.

Easy enough to water it down if you want to.

Last edited:
So any you guys trading for 2023 Sony or keeping the a95k for few years far as I can see I’ll be keeping my a95k for few years

My friend has ordered one now comes Thursday be interesting to see if they change the cover tv comes with to protect screen

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom