Sony A90J OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Hi, I'm another JZ intruder. Out of interest, you say the xbox works after a minute or so, is it just a crazy long handshake or does it present like the JZ dropout issue? And is that with the xbox set to 120hz & VRR on?

Sounds good on the PS5 front, thanks for your input.

Hi, I'm another JZ intruder. Out of interest, you say the xbox works after a minute or so, is it just a crazy long handshake or does it present like the JZ dropout issue? And is that with the xbox set to 120hz & VRR on?

Sounds good on the PS5 front, thanks for your input.
I think others have had different experiences with this to me.
However when I turn the Xbox Series X on in 4K 120 with VRR on, I already hear the flicker. It is pretty much the same as the Panasonic, maybe slightly less. Once I’m in game it’ll flicker for 30-60 seconds and then sort itself out. What I found interesting is that it used to do this a long time ago, but Sony fixed it and now it’s come back for me so maybe just a bug right now. However as soon as I drop to 60hz no sound issues whatsoever. From what I gathered it’s the Mediatek chip both the Sony and Panasonic use. Struggles with full 4K 120 and Atmos. Any other sound format is fine though. Including uncompressed 7.1. What I gathered too is Sony figured it out in conjunction with their chip but for some reason it’s back again for me. I think others don’t have it as bad as me on the forum, as if you look at my older posts on here you can see me moaning about it lol.

Also a new Sony 83inch a90j owner. Loving this set compared to my 77 c8. One question, there is always a yellwish light on middle left of the TV. Can this be turned off? I’ve gone through the menus but cannot an option.

Also a new Sony 83inch a90j owner. Loving this set compared to my 77 c8. One question, there is always a yellwish light on middle left of the TV. Can this be turned off? I’ve gone through the menus but cannot an option.

There’s a button on the back of the tv. But I think it
turns off Google assistant.

I set mine up without google tv, if it puts yellowish lights on glad I did not bother😁

I set mine up without google tv, if it puts yellowish lights on glad I did not bother😁
This morning it’s gone. I think it was doing some processing As yesterday ambient mode wasn’t working and this morning it is. It was annoying. Glad it’s gone.

I think others have had different experiences with this to me.
However when I turn the Xbox Series X on in 4K 120 with VRR on, I already hear the flicker. It is pretty much the same as the Panasonic, maybe slightly less. Once I’m in game it’ll flicker for 30-60 seconds and then sort itself out. What I found interesting is that it used to do this a long time ago, but Sony fixed it and now it’s come back for me so maybe just a bug right now. However as soon as I drop to 60hz no sound issues whatsoever. From what I gathered it’s the Mediatek chip both the Sony and Panasonic use. Struggles with full 4K 120 and Atmos. Any other sound format is fine though. Including uncompressed 7.1. What I gathered too is Sony figured it out in conjunction with their chip but for some reason it’s back again for me. I think others don’t have it as bad as me on the forum, as if you look at my older posts on here you can see me moaning about it lol.
Thats a step ahead of Panasonic, I can't use 120 VRR at all or my sound cuts out on both Atmos and PCM. So you're saying Atmos does definitely work on the A90J but it takes a minute to settle down?

Thats a step ahead of Panasonic, I can't use 120 VRR at all or my sound cuts out on both Atmos and PCM. So you're saying Atmos does definitely work on the A90J but it takes a minute to settle down?
It does. But takes some time. But like I say it worked before so perhaps a glitch with the latest update. Don’t just take my word on it though. Hopefully others can chime in lol.

So I toggled the voice assist switch at the back and that annoying yellow light is back on after I turned it off again. I’m assuming it’s going to go away again, but any reason why it stays on?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 76
So I toggled the voice assist switch at the back and that annoying yellow light is back on after I turned it off again. I’m assuming it’s going to go away again, but any reason why it stays on?
Sorted via the menus

Hi

I hope that you guys don’t mind that I’m popping over from the Panasonic JZ Series Thread?

Us Panasonic JZ Series owners are experiencing 120Hz Sound Dropout issues with the Xbox Series X, and VRR only capable of 48 - 60Hz with the PlayStation 5, when these devices are connected directly to our TV’s via a HDM1 2.1 Ultra Fast Cable.

Are any of you guys seeing the same on either your Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5?

Thanks in Advance

Barry :)
Nope, I play Spiderman in vrr in 100+ frames.. There are no sound drops either. I can understand the marketing "perfect for Playstation" a lot better now.

It does. But takes some time. But like I say it worked before so perhaps a glitch with the latest update. Don’t just take my word on it though. Hopefully others can chime in lol.
It is the same for me but I leave it on the dash for a few seconds and it settles down before the game loads so it isn’t a big deal. I don’t use the quick resume feature though.

Quick question for those of you who have stand mounted their 83 inch A90J TV. What are the options in terms of distance from edge of screen for the feet. I know the widest position is at the edge of the tv but what other options are available? Reason for me asking is my tv stand is 1.8m wide, which from what I understand rules out using the furthest and lowest feet position.
Thanks in advance 😉

There is a narrower position for the stand if you need it, take a look at the video above and will fit your 1.8m wide stand.

There is a narrower position for the stand if you need it, take a look at the video above and will fit your 1.8m wide stand.

Thanks very much…..
Problem I’ve now got is the feet on the tv are too deep at 42.8cm as my stand is only 35cm deep👹🤔

This stand or something similar could be used with the 83" Sony and your current tv stand.

is your A90J paired with a Yamaha sound projector? can you post a picture of how the sound projector is mounted on that TV stand? i can get a used YSP 4100 that is already mounted on a Yamaha TV stand, am just thinking now if the top can take the weight of a 55" or even 65"

is your A90J paired with a Yamaha sound projector? can you post a picture of how the sound projector is mounted on that TV stand? i can get a used YSP 4100 that is already mounted on a Yamaha TV stand, am just thinking now if the top can take the weight of a 55" or even 65"
It’s paired with a KK Quattro system. Not a soundbar

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom