Sony A90J OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

This one works with my a80J
Thanks again. The TP Link adaptor works great.

I had the 'Cable Matters' adaptor for less than two weeks and last week I was still getting between 420 and 451Mbps.

Since the software updates to the SONY TV on Saturday, the 'Cable Matters' adaptor now consistently yields a result between 107 and 121Mbps in a speed test. This is despite the router indicating that it has negotiated a link speed of 1Gbps.

The TP-Link adaptor works fine and I'm now getting a speed test result of 455Mbps.:lesson:

I bought mine on September 23rd. Calman was installed on mine and it’s brand new. There’s was so much tape and protective bits. Fully sealed box. No sign of other use.

I bought mine on September 23rd. Calman was installed on mine and it’s brand new. There’s was so much tape and protective bits. Fully sealed box. No sign of other use.
Perhaps a FW update added it. It wasnt on mine when I purchased in May.

Out of interest where did you buy it from as Calman is not installed by default or wasn’t when I‘ve brought any Sony TV.

I bought it direct from Sony Centre with the HT-A9 and SA-SW5

Perhaps they have started installing it by default. Mine was from Sony and wasn’t installed but I’ve had mine since release.

Perhaps they have started installing it by default. Mine was from Sony and wasn’t installed but I’ve had mine since release.
Mine had the software on before the last. And I fully factory reset it once since I had it and still had it on there. Don’t know if that would get rid of it. But I’m pretty sure it was brand new as no one could of put it in the box with all the tape and bits on it as perfect as it was if it had been used. I hope so anyway lol.

Mine had the software on before the last. And I fully factory reset it once since I had it and still had it on there. Don’t know if that would get rid of it. But I’m pretty sure it was brand new as no one could of put it in the box with all the tape and bits on it as perfect as it was if it had been used. I hope so anyway lol.

I wouldn’t worry if you are happy with it. I’m still loving mine.

Mine had Calman for Bravia pre-installed as well (mine was manufactured in July). Got if from John Lewis. Perfectly sealed box and no evidence that it had ever been opened or used. I cannot remember if any of the HDMIs was set as enhanced by default though.

What size did you get? And do you remember if you had a sony sticker on the top right of the display?:)

Mine had Calman for Bravia pre-installed as well (mine was manufactured in July). Got if from John Lewis. Perfectly sealed box and no evidence that it had ever been opened or used. I cannot remember if any of the HDMIs was set as enhanced by default though.
You remember if you had a sony sticker on the top right of the display? Stupid question perhaps, but i hope you remember it.

You remember if you had a sony sticker on the top right of the display? Stupid question perhaps, but i hope you remember it.
I did..

Should've looked exactly like this out of the Box... (Mine did not have Calman for Bravia installed either)

1634195688950.png

I did..

Should've looked exactly like this out of the Box... (Mine did not have Calman for Bravia installed either)

View attachment 1585886
Thanks again. The reason i asked the other members is bacause on their set the app was pre installed. Maybe on their sets the sticker was also missing and if so, then maybe it’s “normal” for the sets that are produced later.

I’m still going to the store tho. Btw, in the service menu it says it has 9 hours of use. These are the hours that i used in two days. So i guess this is a positive thing.

Thanks again. The reason i asked the other members is bacause on their set the app was pre installed. Maybe on their sets the sticker was also missing and if so, then maybe it’s “normal” for the sets that are produced later.

I’m still going to the store tho. Btw, in the service menu it says it has 9 hours of use. These are the hours that i used in two days. So i guess this is a positive thing.
Ok, So your TV at some point in its life has been unpacked since it was manufctured.. It may only have been unpacked for the purpose of someone wanting to test out calibrating it, hence the Calman app present and low viewing usage.

End of the day, its not a brand new set OOTB. It should be classed as used and thus you should be entitled to..

1) A replacement for new
2) Money back because it has not been sold as advertised if you paid the FULL RRP.

That's my two pence anyway.

If 9 hours is all you have used it for then it must be brand new as you can’t cheat that counter in the service menu. Maybe they only put Calman on the 83” set as it is more of an ‘enthusiasts’ size and they assume that people will be calibrating them.

It's normal to have that

The set gets calibrated in the factory before shipped out

Ok, So your TV at some point in its life has been unpacked since it was manufctured.. It may only have been unpacked for the purpose of someone wanting to test out calibrating it, hence the Calman app present and low viewing usage.

End of the day, its not a brand new set OOTB. It should be classed as used and thus you should be entitled to..

1) A replacement for new
2) Money back because it has not been sold as advertised if you paid the FULL RRP.

That's my two pence anyway.

Your set also had a few hours.. I also had 5 hours when it was brand new. It's all about the calibration in the factory before shipping it out.

Your set also had a few hours.. I also had 5 hours when it was brand new. It's all about the calibration in the factory before shipping it out.
They must have taken Calman off of mine when they finished their fac cali.
I deffo had to install it before Steve calibrated it.

You only need the very centre of the screen to calibrate a set, still, doesn't explain why all the stickers were missing off BigBoss'?

It's an odd one for sure...

I’ve been trying to access the service menu but I can’t seem to. Most places say press the display button but my remote doesn’t have it so I assume it’s the i button but that doesn’t seem to work either. Any one else managed? Thanks

I’ve been trying to access the service menu but I can’t seem to. Most places say press the display button but my remote doesn’t have it so I assume it’s the i button but that doesn’t seem to work either. Any one else managed? Thanks

I managed it, I think it was the bottom right button with exit above it.

Anyone else have terrible quality with Bravia Core? I bought the TP-Link adapter mentioned in this thread and get about 480mbps using a speed test. But the quality is awful in Bravia core. Just keeps dropping even on 1080p. Don’t know why as the speed is fine.

Anyone else have terrible quality with Bravia Core? I bought the TP-Link adapter mentioned in this thread and get about 480mbps using a speed test. But the quality is awful in Bravia core. Just keeps dropping even on 1080p. Don’t know why as the speed is fine.
Speedtest is good to check you local speeds, not good at telling you the speeds you are getting from the Sony servers. They could be having issues, or the servers are being overwhelmed by other people streaming etc. The more people buy 2021 Sony tv's the more people will be using that free service. That can create bottlenecks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom