Sony A90J OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

I think calibration took my tv to a whole new level of quality. Particularly on sharpness.
I agree with you, but if you’ve not seen a calibrated TV, you would be perfectly happy with this TV at its default settings, and rightly so. If you have it calibrated though then you wouldn’t be able to go back, but these TVs are still very accurate.

Silly question warning…

If I have a sky box, a ps5 and a Blu-ray player…which hdmis do I use please on the A90J for each of these?

Might I ask fellowe SONY A90J owners to confirm that when watching a film on Bravia Core I should be able to get multi-channel sound ?

I have the SONY'S HDMI3 (ARC/EARC) connected to my Denon Amp HDMI Ouput (EARC enabled), but the Amp is indicating only 2 channel DD+

Might I ask fellowe SONY A90J owners to confirm that when watching a film on Bravia Core I should be able to get multi-channel sound ?

I have the SONY'S HDMI3 (ARC/EARC) connected to my Denon Amp HDMI Ouput (EARC enabled), but the Amp is indicating only 2 channel DD+
When I tried it on mine I was getting full DTS on the titles that supported it.

Does the film have multichannel sound and do you have pass though on/Auto1 selected? If you hold down the center enter button you can enter the debug menu to see the sound.

Does the film have multichannel sound and do you have pass though on/Auto1 selected? If you hold down the center enter button you can enter the debug menu to see the sound.

I've held down the select button and brought up the debug menu. It seems to be advising its 2 channel eng audio.

I've tried 3 of my titles, The Fith Wave, Elysium and The Shallows - they are all coming up 2 channel audio !!

I’ve seen people say about the enter button trick but I can’t seem to get it to work. Is it the center button?

Edit: Also, I have pass through Mode on and eARC mode set to Auto + Digital Audio Output to Auto1

I’ve seen people say about the enter button trick but I can’t seem to get it to work. Is it the center button?
I just pressed the select button (centre of cursor keys) on the SONY remote, hold it down for a few seconds, and the debug menu appears at the top of the screen.

Last edited:
OK sorry to have been a nuiscence. The title 'The Walk' comes through as 5.1 IMAX DTS .

I'd incorrectly expected most of the titles to have at least DD+ 5.1.

Thankyou all for your help.

Last edited:
I just pressed the select button (centre of cursor keys) on the SONY remove, hold it down for a few seconds, and the debug menu appears at the top of the screen.
Thanks for explaining. All mine does is the light on the tv just rapidly flashes. Strange.

OK sorry to have been a nuiscence. The title 'The Walk' comes through as 5.1 IMAX DTS .

I'd incorrectly expected most of the titles to have at least DD+ 5.1.

Thankyou all for your help.
Most of the titles have DTS audio as part of the IMAX Enhanced videos.

Is there anything worth watching on Bravia Core? I didn’t find anything compelling on a cursory look.

Is there anything worth watching on Bravia Core? I didn’t find anything compelling on a cursory look.
They have some good movies. The stuff that’s free is nice and there are some 4K movies which are nice. The quality on the 4K with the pure stream is quite remarkable, looks identical to discs if not a little bit better IMO.

I am thinking about buying an A90J and having it calibrated - I wanted to know how much this would cost on a 65inch and any recommendation for a good calibrator. I also noted that V`T said Crampton & Moore offer calibrations in store when purchased direct from them - does anyone have any views on this or is it best to buy the TV from John Lewis and arrange a calibrator to visit me once the TV has over 200hours on it?

Does calibration make a huge difference from OTB settings and is it worth doing for the extra cost?

I am thinking about buying an A90J and having it calibrated - I wanted to know how much this would cost on a 65inch and any recommendation for a good calibrator. I also noted that V`T said Crampton & Moore offer calibrations in store when purchased direct from them - does anyone have any views on this or is it best to buy the TV from John Lewis and arrange a calibrator to visit me once the TV has over 200hours on it?

Does calibration make a huge difference from OTB settings and is it worth doing for the extra cost?
If you want the easiest way to get a calibrated A90J, you can buy it from Value Electronics with a QC and calibration. They ship it to you anywhere in the Continental US. All the calibrators at VE are top notch. D-Nice is now working there in place of Jeff.

If you want the easiest way to get a calibrated A90J, you can buy it from Value Electronics with a QC and calibration. They ship it to you anywhere in the Continental US. All the calibrators at VE are top notch. D-Nice is now working there in place of Jeff.
Whats the point of getting one calibrated anywhere else than in the place where you will watch it?

I should have mentioned that I am in the UK :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom