Sony A90J OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

I've been doing fair bit of ps5 on it and no judder / stutter at all. Rachet and clank. And dark souls mostly.

I also watch a lot of sports and this was a concern but had none of it.

I would also look into the 83inch c1 if I was you.
Thanks mate. Needed a bit of reassurance. 99% sure I will do it this week.

Let's keep it supportive guys and not judge other people's actions.

People make their choices all we can do is try to help each other get the best from this TV.

I liked the reviews of the Ambeo as it negated the need for a sub and also Richer sounds gave me £400 off. I hope I havent made a mistake !
I'd never buy anything Samsung, I'm sure you'll like it but isn't the TV supposed to be amazing sound-wise?

Done loads of gaming on ps5 on the 65” A90J and it’s fantastic mate. Go for it 😎

Anybody that's thinking of getting their set calibrated I've tried to get the same picture of before calibration and after.

This picture was taken when I first got the TV OOTB settings and at night.

View attachment 1525638

This picture is the TV calibrated and in the day.

View attachment 1525639

The picture doesn't do it justice as it has loads more depth to the picture and a more natural colour.

Hopefully this will help people that can't see the benefit from getting the TV calibrated. I was one of them until I had it done yesterday. I would recommend it if your budget allows.

As for the Sound I'm still amazed what I'm hearing and how much I was missing out on.
I thought the top one was best, the bottom one looks over blue to my eye.

I thought the top one was best, the bottom one looks over blue to my eye.

As I said before, this is not what I see as this is from a camera phone and won't represent the true picture.

All I can say is calibration has given me a much better experience and I'm not forcing anybody to get theirs calibrated as that's down to the individual if they want to pay the extra.

Just arrived 😍

Tv.jpg

Getting my 83 tomorrow! Here's a picture from in store calibration.
FB_IMG_1624359365230.jpg

They got it out the box, calibrated it in store, re-boxed it and deliver to you later?
I was always under the impression that the most accurate calibration of a set should ideally be done under the light conditions where the TV actually resides permanently?

Just watched Luca in 4kDV with my daughter and just wow. This think continues to impress more than two months in!

Just watched Luca in 4kDV with my daughter and just wow. This think continues to impress more than two months in!
Has yours been calibrated Toby?

I was always under the impression that the most accurate calibration of a set should ideally be done under the light conditions where the TV actually resides permanently?
I think this is only true if there is excessive natural light. If going in a cinema room or something they are all alike so depends on the posters setup

Absolutely 💯 correct

Just stuck Luca on and agree it looks fantastic.

0F659BED-8723-42A4-A3D5-A428F12DEB42.jpeg

As I said before, this is not what I see as this is from a camera phone and won't represent the true picture.

All I can say is calibration has given me a much better experience and I'm not forcing anybody to get theirs calibrated as that's down to the individual if they want to pay the extra.
I got my C8 done, it probably needs re doing after some of the LG fw updates

What size please? If that's 83 then please get out of this thread to stop making us feel jealous. :laugh:
It sure is ;)

I quickly set it up this morning but sadly have been out all day and not long got back. Pretty knackered so going to watch the football and then have a good play with the settings over the next couple of days.

It really is stunning and I love the simplistic stand where the TV is flush with the cabinet.

If any fellow 83 owners would like to share their settings please do.

Tv2.jpg

It sure is ;)

I quickly set it up this morning but sadly have been out all day and not long got back. Pretty knackered so going to watch the football and then have a good play with the settings over the next couple of days.

It really is stunning and I love the simplistic stand where the TV is flush with the cabinet.

If any fellow 83 owners would like to share their settings please do.

View attachment 1531726

That's the setup I am aiming for when I move home. Please can you post link to the AV cabinet.

I think I have read in some thread some stores offered this as a free service or much discounted service for basic in store calibration so you have a good starting point.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom