Sony A90J OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

I should of gone with JL, I just used web chat with arrow and they said they will text once the item is at the depot and then I can arrange delivery and it’s normally after 48 hours.

Just had a phone call from John Lewis relating to my preorder of the 55a90j. They advised that the UK catch up apps would be missing from the TV and that they would be provided by a software update from Sony later this year. They have given me £100 credit as a goodwill gesture.
Wow. If it is £100 JL / Waitrose vouchers and the apps come in a few weeks, I'll be happy.

Not doubting that poster at all, but it does seem odd that he signed up under an hour ago and that was his first post.

Yep, just got my phone call & £100 credit to my JL account.
Actually tried to ask them if I could waiver the 100 notes for next day delivery, which would be cheaper for them, but they were still standing their ground on that front!! :laugh:

Not that worried about the catch up apps as I have an Nvidia Shield and my current TV doesn't have them all anyway

Hello new here 🙂... got the JL call with £100 off which will go as an account credit and free Amazon firestick 4K. They asked if I had any other streaming devices and I said no as I was looking to do all streaming from the tv hence the free 4K stick

Hello new here 🙂... got the JL call with £100 off which will go as an account credit and free Amazon firestick 4K. They asked if I had any other streaming devices and I said no as I was looking to do all streaming from the tv hence the free 4K stick
That’s quite decent compensation really. I’m impressed.

Just had my dispatch email from Sony, delivery is with Arrow XL and they will be in touch to arrange deliver, wonder when they will contact me as tomorrow is probably not looking good for me if they have to contact me first for a delivery day.

Anybody had any contact from arrow XL for a delivery b
Did you order from sony Website or from a sony center?

Also just had the have a free £100 call from John Lewis :D Just in time for Returnal for the PS5 haha! Excellent

That’s quite decent compensation really. I’m impressed.
Yeah I thought so too...Was actually good customer service as the agent apologised for the misinformation (even though it’s Sony’s fault). As well as the offers, the agent also gave me the option to cancel the order if I preferred... I went with the firestick and goodwill and delivery for Tuesday next week 😁

Not doubting that poster at all, but it does seem odd that he signed up under an hour ago and that was his first post.
I'd have been suspicious too.
I signed up an hour ago because the username I normally use is already taken, which suggests I registered many moons ago. Don't remember doing so though, hence no idea what email I used. Was easiest to create a new account.

Just had a phone call from John Lewis relating to my preorder of the 55a90j. They advised that the UK catch up apps would be missing from the TV and that they would be provided by a software update from Sony later this year. They have given me £100 credit as a goodwill gesture.
Mmmmm might ring sony center about this see what they say.

Email just come through to confirm:

WE’RE PROCESSING YOUR REFUND

Order number: [snip]
Dear Ashy,
This is to confirm that we’re processing your refund of £100.00 as a gesture of goodwill.
You'll receive your refund within 5 working days.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I did ask if delivery could be sooner but they said Tuesday was the earliest they can start getting them out

If you want the FireStick, whatever you do .. don't mention that you have alternative means of viewing the apps, otherwise you'll only get the £100 voucher.

I did ask if delivery could be sooner but they said Tuesday was the earliest they can start getting them out
they have to open them all, check the screens and uninstall the uk catchup apps first :rotfl: :rotfl: :D :D

All of this refund and Firestick hubbub, that's all for the 65" right? No one has heard anything for the 55" yet?

All of this refund and Firestick hubbub, that's all for the 65" right? No one has heard anything for the 55" yet?
I'd assume for both as will be same software won't it?

If you want the FireStick, whatever you do .. don't mention that you have alternative means of viewing the apps, otherwise you'll only get the £100 voucher.
The penny only dropped after I'd said I had an NV shield haha!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom