Sony A90J OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Someone wrote this on vincents video
C8500CFC-D411-4C09-A495-5556BE71611F.jpeg

Vincent replied with this
A2230C64-C0A7-415F-900A-F12EEB07C8AC.jpeg

Someone wrote this on vincents video View attachment 1499272

View attachment 1499273
In all fairness, the average Joe TV consumer (probably 80-90%) wouldn't have a Scooby Doo what all that means, maybe with the exception of 10) and one other!! It's only us 10-20% TV geeks that really care about the rest.

However, while I feel I have done my due diligence in researching the A90J since the US early adopters and their feedback, it's getting to the point now, with all these comparisons against previous years models where it's all getting a bit samey, boring, silly and borderline pointless.

Make your own judgment when you get it, you'll be looking at it through your eyes, not theirs. If you like it keep it, if you don't then send it back within 14 days and get something different. Don't let the YT pot stirrers put doubts in your mind before you've even seen it though.

Someone wrote this on vincents video View attachment 1499272

View attachment 1499273
For Vincey to say that it must be good.

Still amazes me people think they can see the TVs quality looking through their old tv/mobile. If that was the case we could all just get someone to stream their a90j to our old teles and save a fortune.

In all fairness, the average Joe TV consumer (probably 80-90%) wouldn't have a Scooby Doo what all that means, maybe with the exception of 10) and one other!! It's only us 10-20% TV geeks that really care about the rest.

However, while I feel I have done my due diligence in researching the A90J since the US early adopters and their feedback, it's getting to the point now, with all these comparisons against previous years models where it's all getting a bit samey, boring, silly and borderline pointless.

Make your own judgment when you get it, you'll be looking at it through your eyes, not theirs. If you like it keep it, if you don't then send it back within 14 days and get something different. Don't let the YT pot stirrers put doubts in your mind before you've even seen it though.

For vincent to say this is the biggest leap we’ve seen from one year to the next on oled from a manufacturer, its quite telling considering how small the upgrades have been these last few years on oled.

Happy delivery day to those chosen few !
Enjoy and then REPORT BACK

I think VT started off in a clickbait fashion and ended up praising the A90J. Think that's what has baffled a few of us.

I hope the A90J is able to resolve specular highlights better than its competitors without compromising details. For instance, Batman V Superman nightmare sequence. The lights flashing on Batman's white shirt. If the TV was tone mapping correctly, it should project the lights plus show details on the white shirt like my Panasonic OLED does. This was highlighted in one of VT's video in 2017 or 2018. If it shows a white blob, it means the TV is favouring pop over details which is something I don't like (personal preference).

Just booked my delivery for Monday. Wish I was getting it today but I've waited long enough to wait a few more days.

I think VT started off in a clickbait fashion and ended up praising the A90J. Think that's what has baffled a few of us.

I hope the A90J is able to resolve specular highlights better than its competitors without compromising details. For instance, Batman V Superman nightmare sequence. The lights flashing on Batman's white shirt. If the TV was tone mapping correctly, it should project the lights plus show details on the white shirt like my Panasonic OLED does. This was highlighted in one of VT's video in 2017 or 2018. If it shows a white blob, it means the TV is favouring pop over details which is something I don't like (personal preference).

Yeah the title is beyond confusing when you actually listen to his conclusion.

Just off the phone with john lewis regarding voucher n firestick.
Told not the case until its on john lewis website....?!
Ordered 55” on 8th March.
Absolute s*** show!

Just off the phone with john lewis regarding voucher n firestick.
Told not the case until its on john lewis website....?!
Ordered 55” on 8th March.
Absolute s*** show!
Did you phone them or did they phone you? I missed a call from them yesterday so waiting for the call back today.

Phoned them.
But everytime i’ve enquired they’ve been useless tbf.
More than happy to hold on to nearly 3k for well over a month, with no email or anything regarding TV!
If i wasnt supposedly at front of the que i’d get it else where....

You won't get anywhere phoning in for your voucher, as you specifically need to speak to tech support. All you will get through to by phoning in is a customer service rep and you won't get anywhere. You are best waiting for the call.

Just booked my delivery for Monday. Wish I was getting it today but I've waited long enough to wait a few more days.

Well this gets better Arrow just called and said delivery can’t be Monday as they are fully booked and have moved me to Tuesday when I had booked Monday. What a shambles from Sony.

Maybe the 55” is not yet in stock at JL hence the reason why they are not calling those that preordered the 55”.
The £100 and firestick will no doubt apply to everyone that preordered as this is their way of mitigating any legal challenges or mass return of opened / slightly used TVs due to mis-selling hence cheaper for them to offer £150 (including firestick) as I suppose they will get that off Sony either way.
Since they would have updated their website now, I’d imagine any purchase after the update was made will not be entitled to the refund gesture hence depends on timing of when order was made vs published message on website at the time of order.

Folks, I've not long spoken to JL about the voucher reimbursement / Firestick shipment.

For clarification, basically, we're not getting anything from JL in relation to the above until we (the customer) have actually received our initial pre-ordered goods through the door. Once it's logged in their system as being received by the customer, then the process of vouchers/firesticks being issued commences.

The reason being is that it protects the retailer whereby people could receive the voucher/firestick then cancel the original pre-order before shipment.

Well this gets better Arrow just called and said delivery can’t be Monday as they are fully booked and have moved me to Tuesday when I had booked Monday. What a shambles from Sony.
Sorry to hear that Steve, getting this TV through the door, since the initial pre-order, has been an utter nightmare of biblical proportions. Welcome to the Tuesday TV club mate.

Folks, I've not long spoken to JL about the voucher reimbursement / Firestick shipment.

For clarification, basically, we're not getting anything from JL in relation to the above until we (the customer) have actually received our initial pre-ordered goods through the door. Once it's logged in their system as being received by the customer, then the process of vouchers/firesticks being issued commences.

The reason being is that it protects the retailer whereby people could receive the voucher/firestick then cancel the original pre-order before shipment.
Fair enough. But considering we paid circa £3k for a product that is not being delivered as advertised, I am sure ~£150 'sweetner' is the absolute least that could have been negotiated if / when things get ugly.

That’s interesting as I’ve got my £100 credit in my account which appeared even before the call ended with the agent after I agreed to it.

I have also got notification from Hermes that my firestick has been dispatched this morning but My Tv doesn’t get delivered till next week Tuesday.

I think it’s a case of customer service team either not being fully briefed or agents not understanding the briefing and I think the offer is for inconvenience caused hence totally independent of whether I chose to keep the tv or not... I’m defo keeping the tv though 😁

That’s interesting as I’ve got my £100 credit in my account which appeared even before the call ended with the agent after I agreed to it.

I have also got notification from Hermes that my firestick has been dispatched this morning but My Tv doesn’t get delivered till next week Tuesday.

I think it’s a case of customer service team either not being fully briefed or agents not understanding the briefing and I think the offer is for inconvenience caused hence totally independent of whether I chose to keep the tv or not... I’m defo keeping the tv though 😁
Are you a regular JL online shopper? You may have some sort of internal VIP flag on their system if you have a long order history or spend power with them? Therefore they'd most likely pull the trigger straight away with accounts like yours.

Mine was an account created 2 years ago with only one prior order before this A90J.

Are you a regular JL online shopper? You may have some sort of internal VIP flag on their system if you have a long order history or spend power with them? Therefore they'd most likely pull the trigger straight away with accounts like yours.

Mine was an account created 2 years ago with only one prior order before this A90J.
Tbh it probably just comes down to who you get on the phone mate.
Quite a few at JL seem to make it up as they go along.

Re Richersounds - best we have is april 27th batch coming in but mostly all allocated? Belfast store can't seem to tell me much more than mid may at the moment. I might drop them another email later.. trying to keep the contact to once a week max or they will get fed up with me

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom