Sony A90J OLED Owners and Discussion Thread

jmacc

Distinguished Member
I'd assume for both as will be same software won't it?
I'd say it will be the case for all sony models this year, at least the higher spec ones using android / google tv. the a90j shares the same firmware as the a80j etc.

SteveLA

Did you order from sony Website or from a sony center?

Sony centre, they told me it would come direct due to all the delays, now I’m waiting for Arrow XL to contact me to arrange deliver so not sure when that will be, not impressed at all as I could of just ordered from JL this morning and had delivery tomorrow.

Ashy

Sony centre, they told me it would come direct due to all the delays, now I’m waiting for Arrow XL to contact me to arrange deliver so not sure when that will be, not impressed at all as I could of just ordered from JL this morning and had delivery tomorrow.
Is it confirmed they can deliver tomorrow? The guy I spoke to said the earliest they can get them out is Tuesday

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Is it confirmed they can deliver tomorrow? The guy I spoke to said the earliest they can get them out is Tuesday
couple of people earlier on the thread say they are getting them tomorrow from jl :)

jmacc

Distinguished Member
can't believe he lied to me! I thought we had a connection when he said I could have free money
he broke your heart :laugh: :laugh: 😭

SteveLA

It’s been dispatched from Sony direct, I’m still waiting for Arrow to contact we to arrange delivery so I have no clue until I get the details to book delivery. I’m not impressed with the service at all from Sony and have no clue when I will receive it.

Ashy

It’s been dispatched from Sony direct, I’m still waiting for Arrow to contact we to arrange delivery so I have no clue until I get the details to book delivery. I’m not impressed with the service at all from Sony and have no clue when I will receive it.
Got to wonder if this is a symptom of all things electronic at the moment. Consoles, PC parts etc. It's an absolute mess trying to get anything

clydebest

Distinguished Member
Busy in here , lots of owners(soon) with info and opinions , which i will note and tick off .

cjguk

Standard Member
John Lewis still offering next day delivery on the 65", shame I want the 55!
Screenshot 2021-04-22 16.31.09.png

SteveLA

I just checked my last order that was delivered by ArrowXL, it took them 3 days to contact me and took over 10 days for delivery and they lost the parcel for 2 days. ☹️

scottjyoung

Just had a phone call from John Lewis relating to my preorder of the 55a90j. They advised that the UK catch up apps would be missing from the TV and that they would be provided by a software update from Sony later this year. They have given me £100 credit as a goodwill gesture.
Me too. I also asked if I could get a next day delivery option since I pre-ordered in March and didn't have the option after the email yesterday but not doable unfortunately. Said it was due to where I lived and it being a 2-man delivery.

games133

Well I think I'll be ringing the Sony center in Carlisle to see about the lack of apps and when is my tv getting delivered and how. They told they doing it them self's ie van or something. I'll let you lot know tomorrow

nilsey

Standard Member
Was just looking through all the chat about lack of apps and JL then rang!!!
So £100 credit and Firestick on its way now! Thanks guys!
Great customer service even if you can't get next day delivery!

Geesus

Just got the refund. I paid with vouchers so have now managed to get £370 off the RRP which will do me nicely. Result.

I do wonder if it is maybe Sony financing this though, but either way, sorted.

clnthl

Can anyone translate this?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021