Sony A90J OLED Owners and Discussion Thread

BillyHunt

Gents after some help after not being able to find details on the Sony website re rear technical view of panel. Looking to wall mount 65 inch A90J (not yet purchased) and need to have idea where to locate both a double power socket and brush plate with trunking for hdmi cables etc on a solid external wall. Electrician will use a wall channelling tool to remove plaster. Can some confirm measurements and if socket/ brush plate can be fitted at low level behind tv ie below wall bracket. I know the tv has a wide section containing all the electrical elements. Plan is to install with bottom of tv approx 32 inches up from floor and will be a fixed bracket

andykillsu

Gents after some help after not being able to find details on the Sony website re rear technical view of panel. Looking to wall mount 65 inch A90J (not yet purchased) and need to have idea where to locate both a double power socket and brush plate with trunking for hdmi cables etc on a solid external wall. Electrician will use a wall channelling tool to remove plaster. Can some confirm measurements and if socket/ brush plate can be fitted at low level behind tv ie below wall bracket. I know the tv has a wide section containing all the electrical elements. Plan is to install with bottom of tv approx 32 inches up from floor and will be a fixed bracket
Sorry but no one will really be able to help you. That all depends greatly on your stud location, wall mount size/location and location on the wall. TV mounts from like Sanus and other manufactures, usually have a product selector tool that you can input your VESA hole mount locations and it will tell you where the bracket will fit on the TV, so you can find a location of there you can mount a electrical box.

BillyHunt

Sorry but no one will really be able to help you. That all depends greatly on your stud location, wall mount size/location and location on the wall. TV mounts from like Sanus and other manufactures, usually have a product selector tool that you can input your VESA hole mount locations and it will tell you where the bracket will fit on the TV, so you can find a location of there you can mount a electrical box.

Hi thanks for reply. I don’t have the worry of stud walls - it’s a solid wall I’ll be fixing the bracket too so no constraints/issues.
It will be a Sanus VLL5 bracket I’ll be using to accommodate the vesa 300x300 requirement from what I have retrieved from the product spec sheet. A good photo of the rear of a A65j would help to understand if the wider section containing the electrics starts at the bottom of the screen or x inches up and some measurement will be fine, as an idea re location. Edit a Sony drawing of the rear will suffice if someone has one with some measurements on
Thanks again

vladlenas

Novice Member
Hi thanks for reply. I don’t have the worry of stud walls - it’s a solid wall I’ll be fixing the bracket too so no constraints/issues.
It will be a Sanus VLL5 bracket I’ll be using to accommodate the vesa 300x300 requirement from what I have retrieved from the product spec sheet. A good photo of the rear of a A65j would help to understand if the wider section containing the electrics starts at the bottom of the screen or x inches up and some measurement will be fine, as an idea re location. Edit a Sony drawing of the rear will suffice if someone has one with some measurements on
Thanks again
maybe this will help

SteveLA

Can someone watch it tonight and tell me if it’s worth using one of my precious credits only got 10 left.

Loved it worth one credit.

uk1

Hi all … appreciate some help!

My a90j 65” arrived and I’m setting it up using my google profile. It has therefore reinstalled calman. Does this mean that the calman app and data has calbirated my new tv using the settings from my old af9? I do hope not!

If so how do I delete the calman settinfs …. or do I have to through it in some manual way? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

Wez68

Distinguished Member
Hi all … appreciate some help!

My a90j 65” arrived and I’m setting it up using my google profile. It has therefore reinstalled calman. Does this mean that the calman app and data has calbirated my new tv using the settings from my old af9? I do hope not!

If so how do I delete the calman settinfs …. or do I have to through it in some manual way? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff
No it is just the app it’s installed ,no way to copy the settings ,and nothing to delete

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
i noticed my credits expire in April a year after i got my TV also ive noticed they have added venom there will be carnage and ghostbusters afterlife recently both i understand have bombed.

so i have picked

bloodshot
Ghandi
Elysium (although it says IMAX not one Imax seen included)
spiderman into the spiderverse
spiderman homecoming
spiderman far from home
Venom there will be carnage (simply because not much on there) full IMAX throughout..found it quite fun great picture and sound instantly forgettable
Jerry McGuire because he completes me

have 2 credits left to use

andykillsu

i noticed my credits expire in April a year after i got my TV also ive noticed they have added venom there will be carnage and ghostbusters afterlife recently both i understand have bombed.

so i have picked

bloodshot
Ghandi
spiderman homecoming
spiderman far from home
Venom there will be carnage (simply because not much on there) full IMAX throughout..found it quite fun great picture and sound instantly forgettable

Ghostbusters Afterlife was pretty good. I saw it in theaters but I also picked it up as one of my movies. I have found that at first (for whatever reason), Sony will release most of the movies in regular HD, but after a 2-3 weeks they change it to 4K, and as long as you use a credit to get the movie, you can watch it in whatever version they have (ie you claim the movie in 'HD', but you get the 4K version later once it is available)

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member

so i have picked

bloodshot
Ghandi
spiderman homecoming
spiderman far from home

And I'm right in saying that we can keep those films for life yeah. Through Bravia Core. ?

uk1

That’s how I read it …. but is there an implication the free part may become chargeable in the future? This might imply a monthly subscription to access your bought films?

StewBucks

so i have picked

bloodshot
Ghandi
spiderman homecoming
spiderman far from home

Completely forgot the Spider-Man films are on there. That means there's a good chance the new Spider-Man: No Way Home film will appear on Bravia Core. The Blu-ray is estimated for March so might be best to save a token for that.

andykillsu

And I'm right in saying that we can keep those films for life yeah. Through Bravia Core. ?
I don't think so. Because if you look at the setting area, you have a credit expiration date and a 'subscription' expiration date. Now I think they moved back the subscription date back once because I looked at it yesterday and it said like middle of 2023, when I thought it said 2022 previously (They probably moved it back due to the new 2022 TVs coming out). But it is hard to say what Sony will do with it, having it only on Sony TVs is odd, and how it is kinda like a 'free' streaming service you get with buying their TVs.

uk1

I’m struggling a bit with getting setup!

I have two Youview boxes connected to 2 hdmi slots. When I turn one on the TV immediately goes to the hdmi slot but but when I switch that off and switch on YouView box two it reverts to TV rather than the second box hdmi input. They seem to be set up identically so I’m puzzled to what I need to change.

Any pointers appreciated.

Jeff

Bod209

Novice Member
Hi all, apologies if I’m hijacking mid conversation, I’m a new Sony A90j owner (picked up on Sunday).

So far I’ve only gone through the usual setup and signed into a million accounts to get the thing running. So far so good.

I’ve updated the firmware to pick up the catchup/youview apps. One thing I’ve noticed is that All4 seems to be playing programmes with Audio Description. I’ve tried to turn this off, but there are no options within All4. All options within the TV menus - Talk Back etc.., are off. (There website actually says AD is not supported via YouView, strange)

Any one else experiencing this. Know how to switch it off, it is definitely just limited to the All4 app, happening when watching The Goldberg’s. Never had this before with All4 running through Roku/Xbox before. Is it a Google issue?

Thanks in advance I’d you can help.

TonyM82

So with the 2022 Sony’s has anyone else heard of them changing the eARC port so HDMI 2 so that you can have 2 x HDMI 2.1 devices connected directly to the tv?

I’ve heard it mentioned in one video (can’t remember which one), but nowhere else.

andykillsu

So with the 2022 Sony’s has anyone else heard of them changing the eARC port so HDMI 2 so that you can have 2 x HDMI 2.1 devices connected directly to the tv?

I’ve heard it mentioned in one video (can’t remember which one), but nowhere else.
No they are using the same chip in which the eARC port is one of the 48 Gb/s ports. Only difference from last year is on the Z9K, one of the other 2 HDMI ports is supposed to be 40 GB/s (so 2X @ 48/s and 1X @ 40 GB/s and the eARC port is still on of the 48 GB/s)

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Triangle announces new wireless Borea Active bookshelf speakers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Cleer Audio announces Arc earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
iFi Audio launches new Go bar portable DAC/headphone amp