Sony A90J OLED Owners and Discussion Thread

chambeaj

Just to correct my previous post. I am now getting 5.1 audio to the AV Amp from the TV's native Apps. I'd only tried the NOW app and did not realise there is an option in the BOOST account settings to switch between Stereo and 5.1.

I can still only get 2.0 channel PCM from my external HDMI source devices though! Can anyone confirm for me please if it is supposed to be possible to pass Multi-channel audio i.e. DD+ 5.1 from an external source, such as the NVIDIA Shield, to a sound device (i.e. AV Amp/Soundbar) which is connected to the TV's ARC/eARC HDMI connector ?

sTuKat

Standard Member
I can still only get 2.0 channel PCM from my external HDMI source devices though! Can anyone confirm for me please if it is supposed to be possible to pass Multi-channel audio i.e. DD+ 5.1 from an external source, such as the NVIDIA Shield, to a sound device (i.e. AV Amp/Soundbar) which is connected to the TV's ARC/eARC HDMI connector ?

I get Atmos (Netflix, Prime, Disney Plus, Vudu, Movies Anywhere) using the Nvidia Shield via port 3 also with an older Denon receiver (6200W).

chambeaj

I get Atmos (Netflix, Prime, Disney Plus, Vudu, Movies Anywhere) using the Nvidia Shield via port 3 also with an older Denon receiver (6200W).
So your Shield is connected to HDMI4,1 or 2 ? I take it your AV Amp supports ARC ?

XmidniteX

Standard Member
Just watched the opening titles of house of cards on Netflix. It was a favourite of ours years back. I can always remember it being my first experience on 4k with the old tv. So this was the first time I’ve watched it with the A90J... absolutely blown away. Stunning visuals. Absolutely stunning.

XmidniteX

Standard Member
Ps. Am I the only one who when someone mentions caliman, I say it in the way of calimar from temple of doom?

1621119514352.gif

TonyM82

So anyone else see on YouTube that even LG’s can’t do 120hz Dolby Vision gaming. They’ve said there’s a fix coming. I know it’ll be a different chip set, but hopefully somewhere down the line they may be able to do this on the Sony too? Tbh even if they don’t 60hz is plenty good enough anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom