Sony A90J (BRAVIA XR-65A90J) OLED TV Review & Comments

scrowe

Distinguished Member
Interesting, thank you. I wasn't looking for money, good as they are, I don't think they are worth a lot. A friend is still running my previous 2006 vintage 50 inch Pioneer.
Likewise I sold on my 505XDE to my Sister when I got the KRP600M. When I got my Penny OLED I sold her the 600M, and she moved the 505XDE to her Master Bedroom. Just before Xmas the 505XDE is showing a line through the screen, but the 600M is as good as ever.

SonOfSJ

Likewise I sold on my 505XDE to my Sister when I got the KRP600M. When I got my Penny OLED I sold her the 600M, and she moved the 505XDE to her Master Bedroom. Just before Xmas the 505XDE is showing a line through the screen, but the 600M is as good as ever.
@scrowe Gosh, you are a financially unyielding man! Over the last six years I've bought 2 x Panasonic 65ST50 plasmas, Sony 65W857C LCD, a Samsung 60" plasma (can't remember the exact model name) for various female friends and a Panasonic 50VT50 for my twin brother, all on eBay. I've also given away sets that I used to own - a Samsung PS64D8000 plasma, a Pioneer PDP 428XD plasma (which was my first ever flatscreen, in 2008, sob!) and an LG 60PZ950T plasma to more friends.

I keep hoping that someone will reward me with a brand new Sony 83A90J, but I guess that I'll have to buy one myself. Pity that its price at my favourite retailer Richer Sounds has just gone up again by £300 to £5799, whereas it is £5299 at John Lewis and Currys.

scrowe

Distinguished Member
@scrowe Gosh, you are a financially unyielding man! Over the last six years I've bought 2 x Panasonic 65ST50 plasmas, Sony 65W857C LCD, a Samsung 60" plasma (can't remember the exact model name) for various female friends and a Panasonic 50VT50 for my twin brother, all on eBay. I've also given away sets that I used to own - a Samsung PS64D8000 plasma, a Pioneer PDP 428XD plasma (which was my first ever flatscreen, in 2008, sob!) and an LG 60PZ950T plasma to more friends.

I keep hoping that someone will reward me with a brand new Sony 83A90J, but I guess that I'll have to buy one myself. Pity that its price at my favourite retailer Richer Sounds has just gone up again by £300 to £5799, whereas it is £5299 at John Lewis and Currys.
To be fair, she always says to let her know if I am thinking of upgrading, and I make sure she is prepared to buy at a 'family rate' as part of 'my decision-making' to upgrade. Lets face it these were the most expensive TVs money could buy (and deservedly so) at the time. If she'd have gone with a mid-to-low-range LED at the time, I'm pretty sure those wouldn't have lasted all these years, ignoring the quality difference.

In fact I was very close in December to going for the Sony 7780 OLED, so she could bin the XDE, move the Kuro60 to her bedroom, and take my 65" OLED, but she decided she didn't want a big TV in the bedroom anymore.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom