Sony A90J and google or pro for apple tv

newuserxx

Novice Member
Hello all, and sorry for the thread, but I have watched youtube vids on sony pro settings, gone through the forums here, and I am still none the wiser.

I am about to get the new Apple TV. I am about to cancel all Sky. The only access to 'tv content' will be from my Apple Tv and playstaton.

My question is should I set the tv to the sony pro software? Would this use less resources etc rather than google tv as i can stop apps from running etc, and I can also turn off the satellite and terrestrial inputs. I presume HDMi 2.1 is still available? Or does the software version the tv is running not matter?

many thanks in advance

Mallett94

Distinguished Member
Hello all, and sorry for the thread, but I have watched youtube vids on sony pro settings, gone through the forums here, and I am still none the wiser.

I am about to get the new Apple TV. I am about to cancel all Sky. The only access to 'tv content' will be from my Apple Tv and playstaton.

My question is should I set the tv to the sony pro software? Would this use less resources etc rather than google tv as i can stop apps from running etc, and I can also turn off the satellite and terrestrial inputs. I presume HDMi 2.1 is still available? Or does the software version the tv is running not matter?

many thanks in advance

What is wrong with the built in apps out of interest? The TV has a native Apple TV app and also has airplay 2 built in so I'm curious as to what benefit you feel you would be getting from getting the new ATV4K as your main source of TV content? :)

newuserxx

Novice Member
What is wrong with the built in apps out of interest? The TV has a native Apple TV app and also has airplay 2 built in so I'm curious as to what benefit you feel you would be getting from getting the new ATV4K as your main source of TV content? :)
Fair question. Simply it's about UI. Plus it fits in much easier with apple ecosystem I have.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom