Sony A8H OLED Picture Issues.

PRJ2112

Novice Member
I posted a few times over the last week or so regarding my struggles with my new OLED purchase.
I bought an LG CX55 and it had so many picture artefacts that even after days of adjustments I couldn't get it right.
So I took it back and swapped it for a Sony A8H 55 inch. The artefacts are much improved on the Sony but I have a new issue.
When I watch the Football in UHD on Sky, when the camera is panning the is a slight brightness flashing over the grass,
I had my LG for a few weeks and didn't notice it on that. I also just checked the same footage on my Sony 4K LED and it also looks fine.
Again I have tried adjusting everything but it doesn't make any difference.
Has anyone else experienced this or could it be a faulty TV?

Any help appreciated

dave_a

The UHD feed does that on my sky Q as well. I think it is a sky issue rather than the TV as other sports (non-UHD in the majority) don't have that issue.

PRJ2112

Novice Member
The UHD feed does that on my sky Q as well. I think it is a sky issue rather than the TV as other sports (non-UHD in the majority) don't have that issue.
I agree, is seems like Sky have reduced their bitrate recently as everything looks a bit lousy.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Well my free headphones have just been dispatched that's a start lol...my order says I will have my telly in 2 weeks but the website says 4 weeks

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom