Sony A8H 55inch or LG B9 65inch

emin3sku

Novice Member
Hello,

I just purchased a Sony A8H and the image is superb. Every movie looks excellent on this display and the motion + colours are incredible.
Now there is a promotion for an LG B9 65inch and the price is the same as for my A8H.
Basically I can return my Sony A8H TV and get the 10 inch bigger LG. Is it worth it?
(I would get the 65 LG CX but the difference is 400$ + I am not playing games and I don't use the HDMI ports.)

Thank you

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I went from 55" to 65" - it's a decent improvement.

silent ninja

I'm biased. I have the A8 and it's an outstandingly good TV, and I think the PQ and HDR performance are better than the BX. If you're not gaming, the A8 is probably the best TV on the market (bar the Panasonic HZ2000).

Having said that, a larger screen is more immersive. If you've got the space and there is no additional cost, go for the 65" BX. It's a no brainer. Quickly grab it before they change their mind.

emin3sku

Novice Member
It is not the BX, B9 has the same price as A8.
If it were the BX I wouldn`t have any doubts.
The truth is I kind of love the A8H, " The Haunting of Hill House " series looks heavenly :)
Compared to my 1y old Samsung 49Q70R, Sony is "ten" times better.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
The BX isn't a massive improvement over the B9. Buy with confidence.

silent ninja

It is not the BX, B9 has the same price as A8.
If it were the BX I wouldn`t have any doubts.
The truth is I kind of love the A8H, " The Haunting of Hill House " series looks heavenly :)
Compared to my 1y old Samsung 49Q70R, Sony is "ten" times better.

Like the guys have said above, the B9 is as good as the BX. At 65" I'd go for it. Always take the larger TV if possible.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom