Sony A80J (XR-65A80J) 4K OLED TV Review & Comments

Boxinghris

If it comes down to the £2399 mark I think it will be run out stock and will be gone quickly
I’m taking mine back in the next week or two to get a refund and will re-purchase at the lower price, but obviously if the price drops again I’ll do the same. 👍

Wez68

Distinguished Member
I nearly bought one of those but then found out they were just selling off the last of the 77” 80j stock which had the standard LG panel before they started using the Evo panel.
Those early screens had a max brightness of 670 nits whereas the Evo are 780 nits, and HDR is a priority for me.
There were also issues with screen burn that have been eliminated with the Evo screens.
Obviously I’m just yanking your chain, but admit it - I had you slightly concerned for a second or two? 😉
😂😂😂😂

Wez68

Distinguished Member
I’m taking mine back in the next week or two to get a refund and will re-purchase at the lower price, but obviously if the price drops again I’ll do the same. 👍
So your taking your set back and re buying it OR buying another at the reduced price ?

Wez68

Distinguished Member
The fact it’s no longer advertised online suggests to me they’re now selling off the last of their stock before the new models but could be wrong.
Bought mine last month and it’s and manufacturing date is 11/2021, the same as what they have in now.
Mine is a 11/2021 too

Boxinghris

So your taking your set back and re buying it OR buying another at the reduced price ?
I’m taking it back, getting a refund and buying the same one again if it now scans at the reduced price.
If not I’ll get another set.

Wez68

Distinguished Member
I’m taking it back, getting a refund and buying the same one again if it now scans at the reduced price.
If not I’ll get another set.
Fair play , shame they couldn't just refund over the phone if its within the 90 day period

Boxinghris

Fair play , shame they couldn't just refund over the phone if its within the 90 day period
Yeah I’ve been checking and they can only do a ‘price adjustment’ if an item’s been paid for online.
Ridiculous that I have to physically return the TV to get a refund when it would be a lot simpler to receive a credit for the price difference.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
I got the 77A80J from Mark's Electrical for £2640 after 10% employer discount few weeks ago. Build date is August 2021.

My local.Costco has this for £2640 but I went with 2 man delivery and box recycling with Marks Electricals. Stress free than buying in store for me.

Skyfall74

No mention of the extreme dimming of the screen when gaming with huds. It's very noticeable and doesn't just dim around the static elements. After a couple of minutes is half as bright as before and ruins the picture. I returned my A80J for this reason. Movie wise is an excellent TV.
Can anyone confirm if this is true?

I'm interested in this TV for playing games.

Is there a setting on TV to remove this 'auto-diming'?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom