Sony A80/84J OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

New owner here of a 77".

Have it all setup and working apart from 1 thing. When streaming DV from nvidia shield I'm getting no picture most of the time. Sometimes it works others it doesn't. I've tried multiple hdmi ports and enabled enhanced on them.

The only ports I can even enable DV on the shield on is hdmi 3 & 4.

I had an A8 before this and all was fine.

I've attached the "snow/noise" picture I get for DV content.

Attachments

• 20220604_185108.jpg
    20220604_185108.jpg
    841.3 KB · Views: 101
New owner here of a 77".

Have it all setup and working apart from 1 thing. When streaming DV from nvidia shield I'm getting no picture most of the time. Sometimes it works others it doesn't. I've tried multiple hdmi ports and enabled enhanced on them.

The only ports I can even enable DV on the shield on is hdmi 3 & 4.

I had an A8 before this and all was fine.

I've attached the "snow/noise" picture I get for DV content.
It was a bad cable.

Yes except my disney+ app refuses to work nearly everyday. Gaming is amazing just dont play sea of thieves as you get alot of image retention with that game. Thats the only game I have problems with it.

Evening , everyone still loving their sets ?
It's the best TV I've owned. Picture is fantastic and films are marvellous on it. I'm contemplating getting an Xbox One Series X for it once family Gamepass comes out later this year ( 2 Xbox in house already). I'm mainly a PC gamer, but the lure of big screen gaming for driving/racing games is tempting. Also looking forward to Streetfighter 6.

One slight niggle I have is the delay once turned on to recognise the external Audio System, but it is no biggy. Everything controlled by Harmony remote routine.

Evening , everyone still loving their sets ?
I've had mine a week today. By far the best TV I've ever owned.

Amazing picture, fantastic uniformity (no noticeable banding, grid/brush stroke effect/venetian blind effect on normal content).

Only internal app I use so far is Bravia Core which is a nice free addition.

Can't imagine how much better any other models can possibly be. Processing is just unreal. Watching sport (golf etc) on sky sports is a pleasure. I previously had 2 CX's that I returned and the frame skip/stutter when watching sports was very noticeable. No such issue with this TV. It's supreme in all it's jobs.

I’m also a week into owning mine and absolutely love it. As said already the motion handling is perfect. Watched dune on Apple TV and was stunned how good it was.

Only ongoing gripe I have is that lip sync is proving a bit difficult to get right. Everything is routed through my denon avr (2700), with my previous tv - a Panasonic plasma - I had perfect sync, I just can’t seem to sort it on the Sony.

I've had it for a while now and still love it picture is amazing and gaming is as well 👌

I’m also a week into owning mine and absolutely love it. As said already the motion handling is perfect. Watched dune on Apple TV and was stunned how good it was.

Only ongoing gripe I have is that lip sync is proving a bit difficult to get right. Everything is routed through my denon avr (2700), with my previous tv - a Panasonic plasma - I had perfect sync, I just can’t seem to sort it on the Sony.
I had the same issues with lip sync. Pretty much the same scenario as well, every thing going into the Denon. (avr-x 1600)
I've now configured it so everything goes into the TV and passes audio through to the avr, also turned off auto lipsync on the Denon and changed lipsync from auto to on with the TV.
Lipsync seems OK now.

I am seeing more and more of this every day on my 77A80J. Initially I wasn't too fussed but seeing this more and more. None of it on my ZD9 and the almost unnoticeable on the Panny GZ1000 OLED.

I am seeing more and more of this every day on my 77A80J. Initially I wasn't too fussed but seeing this more and more. None of it on my ZD9 and the almost unnoticeable on the Panny GZ1000 OLED.

What clip is that ?

What clip is that ?

Godzilla V Kong 4K disc.

I saw this on Edge of Tomorrow and few Netflix 4K movies recently.

Not like I haven't seen before but just seeing more of it.

Godzilla V Kong 4K disc.

I saw this on Edge of Tomorrow and few Netflix 4K movies recently.

Not like I haven't seen before but just seeing more of it.
Give me the Netflix movies and ill give them a whirl at some point .

Give me the Netflix movies and ill give them a whirl at some point .

There are too many and didn't note down the timestamps.

Got this one for now:

Edge of Tomorrow 4K Dolby Vision - iTunes - 55:29 - 55:34 - Check Tom's face (right hand side). I am yet to check the Blu-ray disc. The bit rate on this scene is around 25 Mbps.

I remember seeing this in Batman 4K disc.

Boosted brightness to capture on camera.

Attachments

• IMG_20220613_174714335.jpg
    IMG_20220613_174714335.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20220613_174731330.jpg
    IMG_20220613_174731330.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20220613_174724411.jpg
    IMG_20220613_174724411.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

I see that on Netflix The Last Kingdom quite a bit.

I see that on Netflix The Last Kingdom quite a bit.

Next time I will keep a track. Used to care less but seeing often these days and is starting to annoy me. Looks clean on my ZD9.

It seemed all the dark scenes it was doing that and yes annoying.

It's near black and not just limited to dark scenes. The scene I posted happens in a moderately lit pub. I remember seeing it twice when watching Batman 4K disc

None of this on my ZD9 and almost clean on the GZ1000 OLED.

Heard this is not a problem in QD-OLEDs.

It's near black and not just limited to dark scenes. The scene I posted happens in a moderately lit pub. I remember seeing it twice when watching Batman 4K disc

I’ve had mine calibrated so if you have the time stamps for Batman I’d be happy to test tomorrow night and report back

I’ve had mine calibrated so if you have the time stamps for Batman I’d be happy to test tomorrow night and report back

Will do when I rewatch Batman.

I thought it was from reality creation which I use at 50 for hd movies etc but nope. Not sure wth causes it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom