Sony A80/84J OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

sweet deal mate, and it's just pocket change to yerself, go for it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
what would you get for your old one?
Deals gone now mate , probably for the best tbh , have more important things to pay for soon

Early reviews of this is sounding +ve.

77A80J on top of my list for now. £3300 or less, I will bite.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
الأموال الذكية موجودة على A80J
精明的錢在A80J上
Het slimme geld zit op de A80J
L'argent intelligent est sur l'A80J
Das kluge Geld ist auf dem A80J
I soldi intelligenti sono sull'A80J
スマートマネーはA80Jにあります
Inteligentne pieniądze są w A80J
ਸਮਾਰਟ ਪੈਸਾ ਏ 80 ਜੇ 'ਤੇ ਹੈ
Шикарные деньги есть на A80J
Tha an t-airgead snasail air an A80J
El dinero inteligente está en el A80J
Mae'r arian craff ar yr A80J
🌏

الأموال الذكية موجودة على A84J
精明的錢在A84J上
Het slimme geld zit op de A84J
L'argent intelligent est sur l'A84J
Das kluge Geld ist auf dem A84J
I soldi intelligenti sono sull'A84J
スマートマネーはA84Jにあります
Inteligentne pieniądze są w A84J
ਸਮਾਰਟ ਪੈਸਾ ਏ 84 ਜੇ 'ਤੇ ਹੈ
Шикарные деньги есть на A84J
Tha an t-airgead snasail air an A84J
El dinero inteligente está en el A84J
Mae'r arian craff ar yr A84J
🌏
agreed

tpp
Ohh I thought you were selling it not thinking to buy,in that case I'll give you message :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

No mate. That's not mine. Under £600, I will buy the 65DX902 without any hesitation as a second TV.

His white screen looks terrible on that ebay one, tinty tinty, and a vertial style grid on the brighter whites pics.

s-l1600.jpg

£100 GIFT CARD FROM JL and 7 x77" s in stock
Thanks Longy. I'd placed my order over the weekend at John Lewis so missed out 🙄.
I was in two minds - stick with that order and get the TV delivered this Saturday, or cancel and re-order to qualify for the £100 with delivery pushed back to Tuesday.
I cancelled and re-ordered to save £100. More time to read up and get excited I guess.

His white screen looks terrible on that ebay one, tinty tinty, and a vertial style grid on the brighter whites pics.

View attachment 1506145

Yep. I was just quoting it as an example. Hope its not the camera as the listing says TV was calibrated by VT which means the seller probably is a bit tech savvy.

I am still 2-3 months away from moving home. So hoping the price drops. Otherwise, I will buy an used 65 inch LED-LCD or OLED and get the 77 when the price is under £3300.

Might be a while until it gets to £3300 though I could be wrong.
I'm probably in at £3700 or £3800 if i can hang out.....though now I know stock is available each day is getting harder :thumbsdow

Congrats, such quick delivery :thumbsup:
going to need many pics from you :rotfl:
Yeah I'll still have my 65" Panny for the time being until I've checked the Sony out and I'm happy with the panel etc so I'll try and do a bit of a comparison.

Good stuff, we like comparisons here :thumbsup:
what model panny?

Just seen a review on Twitter ,642 nits and old panel type

Just ordered a 77A80J from JL (couldn't resist the 0% finance offer). Will be here next Tuesday :D
Seriously do you have too? :facepalm:
Dont you have any idea how many of us are trying to hold off until a big-ish price drop.
Jeez some people are so selfish.
I dont want to see any more posts unless they are saying Currys have knocked £500 off !!!!

So that review, seems like the major upgrade over the old models is the XR processor people are raving about, now that they do near blacks the same way as pany does.
I wonder how much brighter it gets after a proper run in period and then the "hack" to add 100+ nits. 🤔
the guys on avs with the 77" are not reporting it being dim at all, they say it's brighter than thier old a8h / a9g, obviously not as bright as the A90J but they didn't seem concerned the ones that switched to 77, wondering how bright it actually looks.

Sony XR-65A80J - Image processing​

One of the most important innovations on the A90J series can also be found on the A80J series: Sony's new image processor. If you want to reread the advantages of this new processor, read our article about the new approach of the Cognitive Processor XR .

87B19554-A862-4C34-81B5-2C712043A6E5.png

interesting he gets such a high reading in vivid mode though, 936 nits. shows what it is capable of and wonder how the XR soc uses that potential in specular highlights.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom