Sony A80/84J OLED Owners and Discussion Thread

clydebest

Distinguished Member
7%off equals £3905 has anybody heard of these?
No matter what the offer is , I would not buy such a large ticket price item from someone you cannot get in contact with by phone.

Sorry you can call them , still would not buy from them.

Last edited:

SimonST

Distinguished Member
El dinero inteligente está en el A80J :smoke:

Agreed with Clyde, the relatively small savings would not convince me to go with one of these retailers who probably make returns etc. difficult. That Martin Dawes one for example implies it costs £100 to return any TVs to them :eek: but i suppose they can be useful if you get lucky with a jmacc-style PM spam to JL

deon444

Distinguished Member
Best just to stick with the usual big guys for peace of mind . JL, Currys,RS are the only places I would buy a tv from

FusedANUBIS 1

Best just to stick with the usual big guys for peace of mind . JL, Currys,RS are the only places I would buy a tv from
I was looking more to see if JL would price match they are the only place I will get a OLED from due to their Extended warranty that covers for S/B

Tjopper

Well we leave you today with a video tutorial to get about 100-120 more nits in the Bravia A90J and A80J. Many thanks to @HDTVTest for their help in getting it.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Leave me today wondering w.t... he was talking about :laugh:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
How you can pump some extra nits in your future A80J :D
You mean this big beautiful tv in the middle 😍 😍

5448283_cover_Sony_BRAVIA_XR_2021_tinhte_.jpg

petetherock

By the way this TV responds well to a clean power supply
I’ve watched the same movie at night well past midnight and it’s cleaner. With my Pureaudio PF40 in place it also cleans up the colors .. can’t explain why ..

petetherock

Actually the output is plenty for daytime viewing and I mainly use the DV dark mode. Bright mode is too bright for viewing in my den.
I’m hoping for anyone who might have settings for me to start tweaking with ..

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Actually the output is plenty for daytime viewing and I mainly use the DV dark mode. Bright mode is too bright for viewing in my den.
I’m hoping for anyone who might have settings for me to start tweaking with ..
I was hoping for a heap of nice pictures of your new a80j setup 😍 :laugh:

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Oh check out my signature..
the new Sony is the only tv which is capable of threatening my professionally calibrated Z9D..
All good so far then? :)

petetherock

By the way I’ve packed away my G700 sound bar and it’s probably headed back to the store..
I’m so pleased with the sound from the internal speakers I think they’ll suffice for general viewing.
Sony has always had the upper hand on sound vs LG.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
By the way I’ve packed away my G700 sound bar and it’s probably headed back to the store..
I’m so pleased with the sound from the internal speakers I think they’ll suffice for general viewing.
Sony has always had the upper hand on sound vs LG.
What size a80j did you get Pete?

jmacc

Distinguished Member
@petetherock the 77" has upgraded sound from the 55" & 65" models, it's getting very good reviews for inbuilt tv sound!

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Currys have both the A80J 77" & A84J 77" in stock :smoke:

SimonST

Distinguished Member
Currys have both the A80J 77" & A84J 77" in stock :smoke:
Can actually get it delivered sooner to the very top of Scotland than where you are :rolleyes: This week...

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Can actually get it delivered sooner to the very top of Scotland than where you are :rolleyes: This week...
even sooner to your house for a free trial :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021