1613664339_1617371.jpg

1613664089_IMG_1491182.jpg

1613664089_IMG_1491195.jpg

1613664089_IMG_1491196.jpg

1613664089_IMG_1491189.jpg

1613664089_IMG_1491190.jpg

1613664089_IMG_1491194.jpg

TV with Cognitive Intelligence

Enjoy breathtaking OLED picture quality that feels deep, natural, and real, powered by Sony's all new Cognitive Processor XR. Revolutionary TV processing technology delivers intense contrast with pure blacks and natural colours. Hundreds of thousands of individual on-screen elements are processed and remastered in the blink of an eye, boosting colour, contrast, and clarity, bringing astounding realism to your content.

Billions of Accurate Colours and Precise Textures

See colours that are natural and beautiful to the human eye. The Cognitive Processor XR enables Sony BRAVIA XR TVs to access billions of accurate colours and reproduce each shade with the subtle differences seen in the real world. XR TRILUMINOS Pro further enhances the range of hues and saturation, allowing for extremely precise details within textures and ensuring skin tones look completely natural, as seen with the same accuracy as the human eye.

More Depth and Texture with Pure Blacks and Stunning Highlights

Feel the beauty of OLED contrast with pure blacks and lifelike brightness. XR OLED Contrast technology, powered by the Cognitive Processor XR, analyses and enhances the picture in the same way the human eye focuses for immersive depth and realism resulting in ultra-detailed shadows and crisp, clean peak highlights – no more details overwhelmed by shadow or lost in blown-out highlights.

The Entertainment You Love with Help from Google

See over 700,000 movies and TV episodes, plus live TV, all in one place. Google TV brings your favourite content from across your apps and subscriptions and organizes them just for you. Searching is easy – just ask Google. Press the Google Assistant button on your remote and try saying "find action movies" to search across your favourite apps.

Bring the Cinematic Experience Home with BRAVIA CORE

With BRAVIA CORE, you can enjoy the latest Sony Picture Entertainment (SPE) titles and the largest IMAX Enhanced collection. Use the included BRAVIA CORE credits to choose from hundreds of movies to redeem. In addition, you are subscribed to an amazing selection of movies to stream anytime and as many times as you like. BRAVIA CORE is the first in the industry to feature Pure Stream technology, achieving near lossless 4K UHD Blu-ray equivalent quality with streaming up to 80 Mb/s, delivering stunning visuals and expressive sound quality.

Engineered for Next-Gen Gaming

Take your gaming to the next level with BRAVIA XR HDMI 2.1-enabled TVs and feel the action all around you with responsive and blur-free picture quality. With 4K / 120 Hz, you'll achieve increased frame rate significantly benefiting high-performance 4K gaming. And the dedicated BRAVIA Game Mode enables reduced input lag and optimized performance in every frame. Get the ultimate next-gen gaming experience with Sony BRAVIA XR TVs.

Intelligent Motion Processing for Fast-Moving, Blur-Free Scenes

Watching sports and action-packed movies just got a whole lot better. The Cognitive Processor XR with XR Motion Clarity cross-analyses and precisely controls the action in every scene to ensure pictures quality stays smooth, bright, and clear with no blur.

XR 4K Upscaling

Whatever the content or source, you'll enjoy entertainment close to 4K resolution with XR 4K Upscaling. Powered by the Cognitive Processor XR, XR 4K Upscaling accesses a vast amount of data, intelligently recreating lost textures and detail for a real-world picture. See the life-like features in people's faces, identify every blade of grass, and marvel in the precise texture of buildings and scenery.

Acoustic Surface Audio+

With Acoustic Surface Audio+, the screen is the speaker. This advanced screen-speaker technology microscopically vibrates the TV panel to produce sound from the entire screen, which creates acoustics that are perfectly in sync with the picture. With sound and picture in perfect harmony, you'll hear more realistic sound and exceptionally clear dialog. Dual built-in 2.36" woofers provide powerful bass for immersive cinematic sound.

HDR Compatibility

High Dynamic Range (HDR) picture is the way TV was always meant to be watched. Ultra-high resolution and HDR video content combine to bring dazzling detail, colour, and contrast to everything you watch, while keeping a far wider range of brightness. Dolby Vision brings scenes to life with striking highlights, deeper blacks, and vibrant colours. IMAX Enhanced content brings the immersive entertainment experience into the home and is digitally remastered to provide sharper images and more powerful sound-just as the creator intended. Netflix Calibrated Mode was specially developed to enjoy Netflix original content and reproduce picture quality as brilliant as the studio evaluation monitor, faithfully reproducing the creator's intent and vision. Whichever format, Sony TVs deliver picture-perfect reality, creating an immersive and engaging cinematic experience.

Watch What You Love and Control It with Your Voice

Your TV is now more helpful than ever. Use your voice to find movies, stream apps, play music, and control the TV. Ask Google to find a specific title, search by genre, or get personalized recommendations on what to watch by saying, "what should I watch?" Even get answers on-screen, control smart home devices, and more. Press the Google Assistant button the remote to get started.

All Your Favourite Streaming Apps in One Place

Sony TVs with Google TV give you access to all your favourite streaming apps in one place, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, the Apple TV app, and many more. Get access to all your favourite movies and TV shows in a simple, easy-to-navigate interface and use the Google Assistant to quickly find new content to watch.

Works with AirPlay 2

With Apple AirPlay 2, you can share pictures, video or audio to your television right from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Watch movies and shows from your favorite apps and the Apple TV app or Safari. Share your photos with everyone in the room.

One Slate Design to Complement Your Unique Viewing Experience

The minimalist One Slate design with seamless edge bezel elegantly embraces the screen in a single pane of glass that keeps you focused on the big picture. The premium 3-way multi-position stand gives you the flexibility of a low-profile immersive setting that focuses you on the picture, a narrow setting for smaller furniture, or a raised setting for ideal positioning of your soundbar. Integrated cable management keeps wires neatly hidden, so your furniture stays free of clutter and looks great from all sides.

Mount the TV Like a Work of Art

Make the most of your living space. The optional SU-WL855 ultra slim wall-mount bracket is designed to hang select Sony BRAVIA OLED and LED TVs flush to the wall, just like any other work of art. Pull out your TV and swivel it left to right to adjust the screen angle for optimal viewing.

Additional Features

• sRGB, BT.709, BT.2020, Adobe RGB, and DCI colour space support
  • 16 GB onboard storage
  • Pixel Contrast Booster
  • XR Super Resolution
  • Face Area Detection
  • Precision Colour Mapping built into XR TRILUMINOS Pro technology
  • Vivid, Standard, Cinema, IMAX Enhanced, Game, Graphics, Photo, Custom, Dolby Vision Bright, Dolby Vision Dark, and Netflix Calibrated picture modes
  • Auto Wide
  • Wide Zoom, Normal, Full, Zoom, Full1, and Full2 wide modes
  • 4:3 Default
  • 24p True Cinema
  • Live Colour technology
  • PhotoTV HD
  • CineMotion / Film Mode / Cinema Drive
  • Dual database processing
  • Dynamic Contrast Enhancer
  • Front-firing speaker design
  • Audio balance control
  • 2-channel linear PCM with 48 kHz, 16-bit support for Dolby Audio and DTS
  • Vertical Surround Engine
  • Room & user position auto sound compensation
  • Clear Phase technology
  • Auto Surround
  • Standard, Dialog, Cinema, Music, Sports, and Dolby Audio sound modes
  • S-Master Digital Amplifier
  • S-Force Front Surround simulated surround sound technology
  • Dolby Atmos & Dolby Audio support
  • Voice Zoom 2
  • Advanced Auto Volume
  • Auto Mute on no signal
  • HDMI input supports 5.1-channel linear PCM inputs up to 192 kHz, 24-bit Dolby Audio, Dolby Atmos, and DTS
  • 2-channel linear PCM output up to 48 kHz, 16-bit for Dolby Audio, Dolby Atmos, and DTS via ARC
  • Apple HomeKit support
  • Home Network Client & Home Network Renderer
  • Wi-Fi Direct (2.4 GHz only)
  • Wi-Fi Certified
  • Screen mirroring via Miracast for B2B purposes
  • Video & TV SideView for iOS & Android
  • Related Info
  • Dual-band Wi-Fi
  • Compatible with the Vewd web browser
  • TalkBack
  • X-Protection PRO with lightning, surge, and humidity protection
  • EPG (electronic program guide)
  • Built-in mic
  • Screen reader
  • Audio description
  • Text magnification
  • Accessibility shortcut
  • Switch access
  • Auto Picture Mode
  • i-Manual
  • Parental control
  • Analog & digital channel block (with password)
  • Analog & digital show/hide channels
  • On-screen clock
  • Sleep & on/off timer
  • Supports FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS file systems
  • Auto shut-off
  • Light sensor
  • Dynamic backlight control
  • Power Saving Mode / Backlight Off Mode
  • Auto calibration with Calman
  • Tencent Calibrated Mode
  • Analog closed captions
  • Bravia Core credit (5 credits / 12 months)
  • Integrated cable management
  • Bluetooth HID, HOGP, SPP, A2DP, and AVRCP support

Difference Between A80J & A84J models

Two replies from sony:

Rich Colour Enhancer is featured on the A84J whereas the A80J doesn’t have it. Essentially Rich Colour Enhancer enhances neutral colours to a more vivid tone to bring additional vibrancy to the image. The A84J also features a hands-free built-in mic while the A80J does not, both models have voice control via the remote control.

The Rich Color Enhancer feature is a display feature that enhances neutral colours to more vivid tones, this happens automatically and does not have a corresponding setting to activate/disable it. It is not available on the A80J models as shown in the Spec sheet.

Specifications

Screenshot 2021-04-26 at 15.34.56.png

Leg position dimensions of the various models

Technical specification cut sheet drawings showing all dimensions

77 A80/84J
65 A80/84J
55 A80/84J

Last edited:
I...don’t...believe..it 😳
Surprised you went for this considering you’ve been all over the shop 😂
Congrats 🥳

I...don’t...believe..it 😳
Surprised you went for this considering you’ve been all over the shop 😂
Congrats 🥳
Lol :laugh::blush:
yeah I was certainly torn between the C1 and this :D
With the 15% topcashback it's a "no brainer" as they say :rotfl::rotfl:

Lol :laugh::blush:
yeah I was certainly torn between the C1 and this :D
With the 15% topcashback it's a "no brainer" as they say :rotfl::rotfl:
Are you putting too much faith in the cashback scheme? We’re both old and ugly enough to know to treat them as more of a bonus rather than guaranteed outcome

Are you putting too much faith in the cashback scheme? We’re both old and ugly enough to know to treat them as more of a bonus rather than guaranteed outcome
lol
I'm more using it as the final excuse to make the purchase :laugh::laugh:
It did track real quickly so we will see.

1619254611106.png

All my TV purchases Currys tracked and paid out... eventually
Fingers crossed for you 🤞

lol
I'm more using it as the final excuse to make the purchase :laugh::laugh:
It did track real quickly so we will see.

View attachment 1499956
I even got my cashback after I returned the tv as I had it so long after playing silly beggars returns on all the sets I had:smoke:

Hope you get a good one:thumbsup:

When is it coming?

lol you are a pro :smoke::D

No sure mate, say's despatched in 10-21 days, so maybe about 3 months till they get it up here to me? :laugh:

Decent video this.
Seems to know his stuff this guy, he posts on avs.
Set youtube to auto translate

Last edited:
C9 next to the a80j

especially interesting to me as my current TV is a portable LG C9

Seems like the sony on the right displays a good bit more shadow detail, always hard to tell from videos but this guy does at least know his stuff.

Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 13.55.50.png

ps, my current c9 is very bright imo, still a cracking tv.

I got the cashback on my EF950, even with using a £500 off code, so should be almost guaranteed with no codes used. So £3699 for 77A80J? Nice. Good OP, all the right info and pictures :smoke:

Would have pulled the trigger on 77A80J if I was in my new home. :(

I even got my cashback after I returned the tv as I had it so long after playing silly beggars returns on all the sets I had:smoke:

Hope you get a good one:thumbsup:

When is it coming?

I seem to recall your A...F9? AG9? Was almost as bright as the Panny, not tempted to try one for only a couple hundred more than the 65A90J? ;) :D (or maybe you'll just re-order the A90J?)

Last edited:
Would have pulled the trigger on 77A80J if I was in my new home. :(
That's a shame mate, I was tempted to go with a c1 77, but with this 15% top cash back seems like a really good deal.
On the bright side It will only fall in price so you won't be paying the full rrp :)

I got the cashback on my EF950, even with using a £500 off code, so should be almost guaranteed with no codes used. So £3699 for 77A80J? Nice. Good OP, all the right info and pictures :smoke:
Yes mate a smidge under that, handy timing as I'm not the best at waiting for price drops :blush:
Thanks to @Wez68 for letting us all know! 😍

That's a shame mate, I was tempted to go with a c1 77, but with this 15% top cash back seems like a really good deal.
On the bright side It will only fall in price so you won't be paying the full rrp :)

Yes mate. I think by Q1-2021, these 77 inch will be around £,2500-£2,800.

I seem to recall your A...F9? AG9? Was almost as bright as the Panny, not tempted to try one for only a couple hundred more than the 65A90J? ;) :D (or maybe you'll just re-order the A90J?)
Think it was Woppy who had the high nits Ag9.

My Af9 was 200 nits lower than the GZ2000 but was hardly evident in the vast majority of content, and the Af9 looked better on some,but wasn't much between them so it went back.

Then the Af9 died and got the GZ2000 again, as the first gz the panel was so clean and the 2nd one was just as clean :smoke:

Wont cancel the order again as the free headphones are coming Monday :smoke:

God knows when the A90J will come🤔

By the time it does come Jmacc will be in the C1 thread saying how good his C1 panel is vs the 3 A80J sets he had :smoke:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom