• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Sony A8 or AG9 vs Panasonic HZ1500 Which one

johnr2110

Prominent Member
Looking to upgrade my current Panasonic EZ952B to a 65inch model. The three selected have been chosen as I wish to avoid a sound bar.
The chosen TV will be situated in a corner of a room that measures 15ft x 11ft with viewing distances of 8ft & 11ft.
Question is will the Panasonic ATMOS audio be worth while placement considered and based on room size will the more powerful sound on the AG9 be worth the £200 extra?

Dodgexander

There's an option in the TVs settings to adjust the sound based on your position, but you may find there's a particular sweet spot where it works best. Unsure of where that will be though, since there's no mention at all of it in Panasonic's documentation.

As for the AG9, its certainly an improvement with bass especially compared to the A8. If you are buying into sound just as much as the picture, the AG9 is the better buy. The A8, like the A8G before it will drop in price over time.

Like the A8, the Panasonic HZ1500 is also priced high right now, having only been released a few months ago.

johnr2110

Prominent Member
My own research tells me the AG9 has a better bright room performance then the A8.
Does anyone know if the Pan HZ1500 is brighter then the AG9?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom